cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

mystirtn

Starting out

I just started tracking my smoking today.  I have to do that for three days.  But I am already amazed and what I have learned so far.  By the way My name is Colinda and I am 50 years old and I am a smoker.  I hope to be an ex-smoker.  I have smoked for ab about 34 yrs.  It is time.  Good luck to everyone out there and feel free to drop me a message any time.  Thank you 

Laters

Colinda 

0 Kudos
3 Replies
jimmy-hundley

Ok I;m starting also so lets keep each other encouraged

Jimmy

0 Kudos
mystirtn

You bet Jimmy.   Have you logged your smoking for 3 days yet?  I have done that and have started my steps toward non smoking.  I am still allowing myself to smoke but I have put some stipulations on it.  I have to smoke outside, sitting down, on something that was not meant to be sat on.  I worked in the yard this morning and didn't do very well but doing better this afternoon.  Good Luck Jimmy and check out some of the messages and blogs on here.  You will find helpful information.  

Laters

Colinda 

0 Kudos
dc32

Have  you tried the nicotine replacement?  I am 43 days quit and I used to smoke 2 packs per day.  I used combination nicotine replacement, which means you wear the patch plus use lozenges or nicotine gum for those tough cravings.  When you use both together, it is a lot easier to quit.  I don't know why more people don't try it.  It really works, especially during the first 2-3 weeks when the cravings are at their worst.   Good luck to you, take it one day at a time, know your triggers, and reward yourself often for not smoking.     

dc32

0 Kudos