This Came Out The Same Year I Started Smoking

It was a good song

but a bad habit

and this one.....

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
9 Replies
Jennifer-Quit

Takes me back - Thanks for sharing Dale!

0 Kudos
Giulia

1969, in love, ah memories..... and I never quite could get the lyrics.   Ah - CAMBRIC shirt! (I thought it was "camel red" shirt - which of course made no sense but...) , "between the salt water and the sea strand," (never got sea strand) "..in a sickle of LEATHER..."  (nor that).  Oh geez... thanks Dale.  And - yeah, that was probably the same year I started smoking.  Wow.  And then I snooped this:  martin carthy scarborough fair - Yahoo Video Search Results  from whom they kind of stole it.  The simple clarity of his rendition.....  

0 Kudos
Jennifer-Quit

Well the lyrics to "Bridge over Troubled Water" are easy to understand. I love that song.  Giulia‌  The other not so much - lol

0 Kudos

I think many of us were engaged in self destructive behavior! I remember 1968 as a really awful Year and the badness carried on into 1969. Among Nixon, Vietnam, the riots and the assassinations the chaos was everywhere! Yet we as a Nation survived!

And some good things happened too! Simon and Garfunkel soothed our wounds.

Thanks for the memories, Dale!

I'm glad we don't do that any more! 

0 Kudos

Those years were my heyday. I was having the experiences of 10 lifetimes and politics were the furthest thing from my mind.

I was like number 315 in the lottery too.  🙂

0 Kudos

Here is their whole Central Park concert.

0 Kudos
Giulia

OH    BOY  !

0 Kudos
DEFJamBaby

Wow! Talking about memory lane! I started in 1998, the year I came back from the US as an exchange student! Looking through the songs that came out that year just put a bunch of happy pre-smoking memories into my head! Thank you!

0 Kudos
elvan

WHAT a song!  I remember hearing them for the first time and how absolutely amazed I was...I still am when I hear their old songs. I started smoking in 1967, the year I graduated from high school.  

0 Kudos