cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Havetoquitnow

Starting Over

Well, I went 4 days and talked myself into buying a pack. I smoked almost the whole pack last night and this morning. I am starting over again right now. I am very disappointed in myself  I feel like a complete failure....again.  

14 Replies
Mandolinrain

Wish I had a dollar for every time I felt  like that when I first began to quit.

Please don't spend another second beating yourself up. I don't know of many here who have not failed a few times or several (....ugh, that would be me).

What changed for me was when I decided to truly make the effort to figure out WHY I kept failing...and then begin educating myself on the addiction.

A new door opened for me once I realized I was waking up my brains receptors every time I smoked. And just like a good 'fast' it takes awhile for us to adjust.

Stay near us and we will be here to help you! You can do this...if it was not doable, EX would not be here, No????

RoseH

See if the library has Allen Carr’s book, “The Easy Way To Stop Smoking.”  It made me begin the real quit I have now.  I will be two years’ quit on August 18.  You can do this!

0 Kudos
Margaretd

Here are our choices;

smoke and we will damage our lungs and end up wear an oxygen mask, likely  worse,

OR

quit and experience tough withdrawals for a short period of time. 

Those are our choices - nothing in be-tween

I will have 3 years quit in June.  I was a 2 sometimes 3 pack a day girl - but we have choices!

Giulia

Don't give up trying.

You are Today Huge.jpg

You haven't failed. This is only a minor setback. Make your mind up & become the person you didn't know you wanted to be.

Mn@ 001.jpg