cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Og1

Starting over

Starting over

upset with myself and frustrated. Have to start over I blew it yesterday. I can blame it on all kinds of things . I didn’t use my Nicorette enough.

and I allowed my crazy thinking to get a hold of me.

15 Replies
Barbscloud

Glad you're beginning again right away.   Don't be upset with yourself.   It's not going to make it any better.  Quitting is hard, so look at what you learned and move forward.  To all quitters, reach out before you smoke.  That's what we're here for.  

Barb

https://excommunity.becomeanex.org/people/Barbscloud/blog/2020/02/01/nicotine-replacement-wrong-or-r... Use your gum as directed.

WhispersQSMB

"Don't be afraid to start over. This time you're not starting from scratch, you're starting from experience.

AnnetteMM

Forget about the Nicorette and focus on the thinking:

Not One Puff Ever = NOPE

No Matter What = NMW

Never Ever Forget

One Day At A Time

"I don't do that anymore."

Cousin-Itt

Learn from the past.    Move forward in the future   

SuzyQ411

It's a positive sign that you are back in the groove on the journey to become an ex-smoker. Many relapse, but not all return...stay close, pledge on this site to not smoke on a daily basis, and post often. we are here for you Og1‌. 

sweetplt

Congratulations Og1 on getting back in the journey.  Learn from how you could have done differently and move forward.  Keep close...Happy Thursday ~ Colleen 619 DOF 

RoseH

You can’t smoke if you don’t have any...  Drown em!  A craving only lasts ten minutes or less...  Did I send you the ‘Quit Kit?”  I thought I did...  If not, let me know...  I smoked for over 50 years and I am quit for two years now...  You can do this!  Og1

maryfreecig

Yeah, crazy thinking will do it. At the core of this, though, is that you decided to quit--and for your own good reasons. They are hard to hold onto when addiction messes with your head, so do all that you know to do to get yourself to where you want to be. Yes you can, one day at a time. And of course Ex is hear for you!

Barbscloud

How is it going?

Barb