cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

lucky-shirley

Social Smoker needs medication?

I have been quit for 10 days now. I was a social smoker, only smoking when at bars or when drinking at a party at a friends home. I would smoke maybe 10-15 cigarettes on a Friday or Saturday evening, no more than that. No cigarettes at all during the week, minus the occasional happy hour outing to the bar after a long day at work.

Do you think I need medication to help me with my quit? Medicating seems kind of over the top for a social smoker, yes? Maybe I could consider the gum when I'm out and about...?

Thoughts, suggestions, comments anyone? Thanks!
0 Kudos
77 Replies
robertcox21

gsd

0 Kudos
ygal01

I quit my pack a day habit 15 years ago and thought by just being a social smoker or "cheating" as I called it, I was no longer a smoker. But the fact that 15 years later I was still "cheating" and could not quit made me realize I am just a light smoker, heavy addict. I have to quit smoking just like I did 15 years ago. I am not one who can get away with just one ever and that has taken 35 years to realize and ACCEPT. That is a long, long time to be in denial. So I quit March 11th and am living a bit more honest about how tricky it is after years of "cheating" to just call it quits. But I am much, much happier these days!! 

0 Kudos

Go to the Blogs and tell us your story! We're waiting there for you! 

0 Kudos

O.K. suppose for a second that you are not addicted to cigs ( although I believe that you are!) Here is a FACT that you should know- Even if you smoke just ONE CIGARETTE you are at risk for COPD! Emphysema is an auto-immune illness - your body attacks itself because of pollution (usually cig smoke) and doesn't care if it's one cig or one thousand! If it's just a social thing and you don't need that cig - why go there? If someone asks you to play Russian roulette - will you do it??????

Please go to the BLOGS and learn how to stop this very destructive behavior!!!

0 Kudos
sehergull

Actually I like your service, especially the examples of smoking  and smoking Research Problems.. It has help me to understand these problems.

<a href="http://city-news.org/category/health-news" title="Health News">Health News</a>

0 Kudos
sehergull

Actually I like your service, especially the examples of smoking and smoking Research Problems.. It has help me to understand these problems.

I’m wondering how you bought so good. HaHa! That is really a fascinating weblog, a number of stuff that I can get into. One factor I simply wish to say is that your design is so perfect! You certainly know find out how to get a ladies attention! Im glad that youre here. I feel like Ive discovered one thing new by being here.

<a href="http://city-news.org/category/health-news" title="Health News">Health News</a>

0 Kudos
standingwolf

Read this book before you do anything:  

http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/

This is just more buy me now crap pisses me off

0 Kudos

ONE CIGARETTE!

One cigarette changes your DNA setting you up for a whole range of Cancers! One cigarette makes your blood clot abnormally setiing you up for a stroke, one cigarette alters airway tissue at the cellular level laying the groundwork for airway thickening(COPD) and precipitating precancerous changes in cell proliferation. Facts daily are confirming more and more that a whole range of smoking-related illnesses don't care one bit how much you smoke or how old you are! EVERY smoker - and even those exposed to passive smoke - are risking their health in a multitude of ways! EVERY CIGARETTE! There is no such thing as a safe level of exposure to Smoking!

When do you Quit? How about TODAY? It will be a Life-affirming act that will give your body and your loved ones a chance to better the odds against smoking-related illness! And you will find that living Addiction FREE is a whole new world! Seize the DAY! TODAY is a GREAT DAY to LIVE Smoke FREE!

Carpe diem, quam minimum credula postero. Seize the day, trust not  to the
morrow. - Horace

Come to the Blogs and find out more about how to quit! You'll meet folks who HAVE QUIT not just Months but also Years! They are where we want to be!

0 Kudos