cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

MDR_BDel

So when am I going to stop eating everything around me?

Smoked a pack a day for the last 11 years and decided that it has been to long.  I remember being in college and telling people that I am young and have plenty of time to quit.  Then I realized that I had been smoking for more than 10 years and I took a step back to realize it.  I havent smoked for 4 days now and am doing alright (alright meaning I want to bang my head against a wall.  ha), but I cant stop eating everything in my kitchen.  How long does this oral fixation last for? 

0 Kudos
4 Replies
mikelle1

I'm with you.  I quit on the 14th-weaning myself through the prior 2 weeks with cinnamon discs (blogs from others on this site say the cinnamon flavor mimicks tobacco flavor), and whitening gum.  On Saturday, 02/13-Girl Scout Cookies arrived and I haven't stopped chomping yet.  I've been trying hot tea, lots of cold water, and even supplementing the oral fix with cinnamon sticks.  However, I've also prepped my husband with the fact that I will be gaining weight.  How many super models chew on tree bark-none, they all smoke instead==Arghhh!    Keep up the good fight--MiKelle

0 Kudos
quitfor4

for me sour things such as Lemonade seem to help

0 Kudos
esrun06

It has been over 100 days for me and the eating didn't start until a month ago. Now I just can't stop. I might try the lemonade or even sour lemon drops! I chew alot of sugar free gum, but it doesn't help much.

0 Kudos
pokesyou

I'm diabetic, so I can't eat everything in site (not that I don't want to). What has helped me is planning what I'm going to eat the day before, in great detail. Having a plan that I can stick to makes me feel accomplished at the end of the day, and I'm actually eating healthier because of it. (Don't forget to add one free thing a day or something like that)

0 Kudos