cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Daniellah

So so tired

So today is day one, I'm struggling. how do you get through the extreme exhaustion and fatigue. I'm talking I slept from 9:30pm until 5am this morning (that's about 4 more hours than I normally sleep) and I just took a power nap of 30 minutes at my break. How long does this last for?  Someone tell me only a few days.  

12 Replies
Daniellah

Thank you everyone!  Yeah I took a nap and felt better and then downed a lot of water and kept busy for the day.  It’s definitly hard but I am highly motivated to get it done this time.  I went from a pack a day to nothing, doing this cold turkey because I can’t taper down it doesn’t work.  

Thanks for all the motivation and positive words. I will be keeping it up! 

Sandy-9-17-17

Yay!  It does get easier and you sound very motivated, so we will keep cheering you on!  Happy New Year to you! 

0 Kudos
Julia_Amy

I slept tons for about two weeks.  I was grateful to sleep, less time fighting the battle of the craves.  Your body is on your side, it wants to get done with this addiction.  It's healing you.  Work with it.  Remember, the craving is addiction talking, it doesn't care at all what it costs you.  Your body does, listen to it.  Just be careful of who has the microphone, addiction is sneaky sob.  You're on you way!  Congrats!  Come here a lot!