cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

greg14

Smoking in your dreams

The past couple of days I been dreaming of smoking. I usually feel bad in the dream when I am doing it. When I wake up I have to remind myself that it was only a dream. Is dreaming of smoking normal ? Anyone else have that experience ?
0 Kudos
12 Replies
raychel

Very normal!!

The dreams usually tend to fade over time. At least the cigs we smoke in our dreams can't harm us lol
0 Kudos
greg14

True ! lol I should just be happy it is happening in my dreams and not in real life.
0 Kudos
raychel

I've had dreams of being on some sort of "mission" to find cigarettes LMAO... it is bizarre. I suppose our brains have to work through the addiction even while we sleep. If anything it is a good reminder of how powerful of an addiction nicotine really is... if we even have to sort it out in our sleep.
0 Kudos
banter

This is perfectly normal. If you dream about smoking and you are enjoying it, then you need to reinforce your quit! 🙂

I had one just a few nights ago and I was so pissed off that I smoked that I smoked some more (in my dream) and was even more pissed off. When I woke up I was so relieved.

Please click this video from http://whyquit.com for more information:

Dreams of smoking

Jason

50 days nicotine free
0 Kudos
jen-x

The two hours I slept the night before I quit I smoked in my dream. Actually, I chain-smoked.
0 Kudos
sarah31

Totally normal. Except it's a nightmare, not a dream! 🙂
0 Kudos
Giulia

Yup, I have smoking dreams too, still - after over two years. In my case most of the time in the dream I don't feel too bad about it. Just something I did but know I can go back and quit again. Which is not the case in real life.

As you can see for the many replies, dreaming about smoking is totally normal.
0 Kudos
dgs

My former neighbor said that after five years of being without cigarettes, she would still dream about having one..Good luck and may they remain only in your dreaming...
0 Kudos
katinthehat

Yes!! Are you using the patch? My first night of the nicotene patch i had a series of short dreams and in every one I was smoking a cigarette. Walking through the mall, riding a motorcycle, teaching a class, it didn't matter. I didn't have the guilt in the dreams, but it makes it a bit harder because you have a memory of smoking after your quit date.
0 Kudos