Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Bree19

Smoke Breaks at School?

Just wanted to share.  

What next???

(Do hope you can open the VERY long link!)

POLL| Durban schoolkids want smoke breaks: Do they have a valid argument or nah? 

0 Kudos
6 Replies
YoungAtHeart

This brings up a fond smoking memory.  As seniors in high school, we had a designated smoking area.  It was in a courtyard, and one side of it had a building overhang to keep us dry and out of the wind in inclement weather.  It was a fun gathering place to catch up with friends who had different time lunch breaks.

I was on the staff of the school paper, and we had an advisor who was very much a space ranger.  We ALL had undated passes for various official errands and interviews, etc. - so we could meet in the area during the school day and could use the passes if caught. 

Knowing what we now know, though - these kids' demands are ridiculous.  They should offer smoking cessation classes, instead!'

constanceclum

We also had an outdoor smoking area in my high school. I can't believe they could do that now though.

Connie

0 Kudos
Giulia

Sigh.

0 Kudos
Barb102

We had outdoor smoking but that was a loooong time ago. It was winter so we were smoking in the girls bathroom. We got caught. Got detention and had to clean the girls bathroom. You would think that would have been enough to stop. It wasn’t. Took decades later to finally stop!!!

sweetplt

We didn’t have a designated smoke area...however, people snuck down to the parking area and everyone knew it was for smoking...no biggie unless you were caught...wow...what a thought...~ Thank you for sharing...~ Colleen 266 DOF 

Sootie

Good Lord! I'm pretty old but even when I went to high school smoking was OUT OF THE QUESTION at school or really anywhere adults would see us!

I'm surprised in this day and age this even comes up for consideration.