cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kratenjo

Should I start over? Or just suck it up and keep going.

I quit on Sunday and found this site yesterday. (Wednesday) I haven't done anything this site suggested,I just quit cold turkey. I am finding myself constantly thinking of smoking and getting so bad sometimes that I have actually cried. I know really pathetic! So my question is should I start over and try the suggestions here, or am I using the site as an excuse to start smoking again. There just has to be an easier way. Right now I feel like I don't care if I die from a smoke related illness! I just want a smoke! But then again when I wake up I am so glad that I didn't give in the day before, it is just getting so hard to get through a day. Thanks for listening. Dea

0 Kudos
5 Replies
jumpy

I just joined today.  You should keep going and GOOD for you on day 4!!!  I heard each day gets easier so hang in there.....I am weaning myself off of a pipe and cutting back....so I will be ready on my quit day.

0 Kudos
molzep

Sounds like a "junkie" thought.  Don't accept the bargain.  You're on day 4.  Gets easier to not constantly think about smoking each day.

Good luck!

0 Kudos
kratenjo

ok thanks, you are right, and it is funny how you say "junkie" I had told the kids at one point if they wanted me to quit they were going to have to hold an "Intervention" haha. So "junkie" is  quite accurate. 3 more hours and I have offically completed 4days!!

0 Kudos
bird

Good for you! and I second what the others have to say--the first four days are the worst, anyway. Do you really want to do them over? Don't let your addict talk you into actions your will regret. And welcome! You are in the right place!

0 Kudos
leo3

First, congrats on quitting. Four days is impressive. Just keep the goal in sight and you'll get there. The first week is the hardest but you can do this. I also quit cold turkey and it made the accomplishment so much more worth it.  It will be 12 years without a cigarette on January 1st for me and I haven't regreted it one bit. If it really gets hard and you really want a cigarette, quit what you are doing and do something else. ANYTHING.  Cigarettes are a habit and if you are really craving one, it's probably because you are doing something that you did while smoking.  Hang in there and keep up the fight. You will win. Just keep busy and before you know it, you'll be free of cigarettes.

Leo

0 Kudos