Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
webslave

Congrats on almost a year of sobriety Walt and all the best on your upcoming lil cigar quit.
0 Kudos

After 11 months of having alcohol and drugs removed from my life, I and another Friend of Bill W. with a year of sobriety in Monroe Michigan, will begin turning our will over to God, and ask that He remove our obsession with tobacco, just as He has removed other obsessions... one day at a time... one hour, one minute. Pray for us, and share your experience, strength, and hope, so that we may help others too.
0 Kudos
Susan57

Has anyone tried the patches of Chantix? Deep down, the patches may be the way to go, I have been smoking for 45 years, hard to believe that I am still on this earth writing at this time!
0 Kudos
sandie

Congrats on several sobriety dates..... in September I will have 21 years without a drink. Now so I can live another 21 years, have a quit smoking date of the 5th of September.....started Chantix today and am feeling positive and that it can be done...... one day at a time. Good luck to all and support is soooooo helpful, cannot do it alone.
0 Kudos
webslave

I'm hoping to get on Chantix soon. Has anyone that has used Chantix, also used some form of NRT ? Thinking I'm going to need ALL the help I can get !

And the best of luck to the upcoming quitters !
0 Kudos
pamela9

Hi everyone. I'm a newbie to the site but I'm a professional quitter. each time I quit I end up smoking more than before. this time i'm determined more than ever. I'm starting to examine my triggers to be successful. Also, I believe other lifestyle changes will help. I'm starting a workout program in the morning to focus on. I already workout but have not been committed to it until now. I will carry a daily journal to record my workouts, eating habits, moods, smoking triggers and cheats. Time to get real. NO ALCOHOL. NO SMOKES.
0 Kudos
dale3

I guess you could say that my quit date is a September date, as I am almost out of cigs and am determined not to buy anymore. I had planned on a Labor Day date or whenever the cigs ran out whichever came first and it looks like tomorrow will be the day, so it is almost the 1st of September. This will be about my 3rd time trying to quit. I started to use the site in July, but wasn't sucessful with my quitting, so I guess I drifted away out of shame that I was failing, but I could use all the support that I hope to get from you all. I really want to do it this time. I used to be able to ride my horse, but I know I really can't do that very well right now as I get winded doing just a small amount of anything that exerts me. The one thing that concerns me is that I am already overweight and almost all of you know that it is a well know fact that you usually gain weight when you quit smoking. I am hoping that because it is getting close to the fall that I can incorporate it with a walking program. I will try to be supportive of you guys if you will try to be supportive of me. I am going to use the Commit Lozenges, as my doc does not want me to use any of the meds or the patches.
0 Kudos
Susan57

This is the Eve , 08/31/09, tomorrow is the day I will no longer smoke.
0 Kudos
webslave

The best of luck Dale. Don't get discouraged about failing in a quit. I've done it hundreds of times !
0 Kudos
nancy-paddock

I am ready to quit in Sept. I've tried and failed many times in the last 10 years but I really want to quit. Part of me doesn't but that part has to take a back seat. I have Nicorette lozenges to help.
0 Kudos