Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
webslave

Hello Brian and good luck. Look around, look into different discussions etc.
  Make alot of friends!
0 Kudos
jackie22

Hello All,
  I am jackie, 26. I have been smoking since I was about 15. For some reason I decided yesterday that I was going to quit. I had this werid feeling in my stomach that just made me want to do it. I have no kids, no husband, nothing. I am doing this for myself. I hope I can quit by September 15th. Please give me any help on how to control cravings and deal with any withdrawal symptoms. Thanks!
0 Kudos
dustiblue

I hope to quit by Sept.28th.My birthday.I'm tired of coughing,choking & just smoking in general! Right now I am chewing on a straw!! Just to have that Cig.substitute for my hands!!!
0 Kudos
jered

Thanks Jodi and webslave and everyone else for the words of encouragment. My quit date is now just under 2 weeks away and although I am somewhat nervous as I stated before as the days pass I get more and more excited in a way. I see alot of people on here doing so well and I cant wait for that to be me.
0 Kudos
brian6

So, 19 days until my quit date. So far so good. I cut back from a pack a day to 15 a day. Next week we'll see how I do with 10 a day. I figure if I can strategically get rid of all of my worst trigger smokes then I can beat the boredom ones with relative ease. The Zyban has really helped curb the cravings and actually are making them taste like crap, more and more everyday. Maybe I won't even get to my quit date. Here's hoping.
0 Kudos

I am going to try again. Doing a lot preperation work. This will be my 18th time.
0 Kudos

I have made Sept 9th, my quit date. Try it again.
0 Kudos
SaraSmile

My quit date is Sept. 1st.
  I had over a year quit and let my emotions get the best of me and lit up.
DUMB, DUMB, DUMB of me!
  What was I thinking? I WASN'T thinking. I stopped caring for that moment in time.
HERE I GO AGAIN............
Prosper in peace
0 Kudos
walt-k

Last year on my birthday, Sept 3, I took my last drink. This year I will celebrate a year's sobriety by smoking my last little cigar, which have insidiously. replaced a 30 year cigarette habit. We should have "coins", like AA, to remind us of our decision.
0 Kudos
walt-k

See below
0 Kudos