Give and get support around quitting

dawn4

September Quitters

Happy November to the Septemberers!!!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
602 Replies
chrisb

Today is the day! Well tomorrow is the day! LOL I'm ready! Thank you for everyone for your support! The fact that everyone is trying to quit and this site is here is a big help!!!
0 Kudos
kevin-pace

how are you folks doing?
0 Kudos
jj_6

Hey gang!
  3 months, 2 weeks and 4 days for me! Sure it is hard....but it is possible. Wishig you (and me!!) all the luck and peace, love and joy!
0 Kudos
apahl

Haven't made the step to set a specific date in september but i know its going to be within the first week or two. just started tracking my smokes today to see where i need to start. this site is just the thing i needed! yay for finally having the guts to quit!
0 Kudos
fost-fumator

first week of September- some options but trying not to delay too much
  I'm starting tracking today
  need to learn to say NO and find a good ( or SEVERAL) reasons to stay FREE
0 Kudos
jered

Hey everyone, Im Jered... Not my first time here. I was on a different group a while back and I did alright for a couple of weeks and then unfortunately I was back to smoking. Good thing is, I know why I started again and over the past few months I think I have figured out ways to manage those triggers. My quit date is set for september 1st and I plan on doing it right and for good this time. I am nervous because I know quitting is something I have failed at in the past on a few occasions but hopefully with the help and support of everyone on here I can be successful. I look forward to talking with everyone and helping as well as being helped.
0 Kudos
bridget4

HI All - Its been a while since I've been on this site. I've been busy living my "smoke free" life and oh what a life it is. I'm just here to tell you to stick with your committment to quit. On September 7, I will celebrate 1 year smoke free. I can hardly believe it. I NEVER thought I'd ever be able to do it. This site helped, Chantix helped, reading Allen Carr's book, and the support of family and friends made it possible. I am truly grateful!
0 Kudos
webslave

If anyone would like the Alan Carr books,,,message me and I'll send you the address. EasyWay to Quit Smoking and the daily How to be a Happy Non-Smoker.
0 Kudos

An ex-... What a dream to be an ex- again. To not reek of that foul odor we take such pleasure in. To not wake up coughing and feeling constantly congested. To not be tormented by that ungodly urge that controls our lives... To be healthy again. September 1st will be my first day in being an ex- once more, and for good. It has been said, there is power in numbers. In that power we will must all draw to succeed.
0 Kudos
brian6

Hello all, My name is Brian and I'm a 29 year old ex-Marine. I have been smoking for about 15 years and I've tried to quit more times than I can count. I've found that without a REAL WANT to quit you never will. I am there now. My beautiful daughter and wife are my main reasons. I'd like to be around for them for a long time. I'm prescribed Zyban and am about a week in. My quit date is Septyember 7, 2009. I'm really excited to be a non-smoker. If anyone has any tips on how to beat the craving please share them with me.
0 Kudos