cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

traci9

Scared of dying

Hi, my name is Traci and I am scared of dying. Doctors have told me that I will not see 50 if I do not quit, I am 42. I want to so bad but it is such a part of me since I have been doing it for 30 yrs. Please give me the strength! I need help real bad, I am desperate to quit.
0 Kudos
33 Replies
becky16

Amen....
0 Kudos
polly2

hey Traci! We are all here to support you!! Keep in touch and let us know how you are doing, OK? I'm assuming that you are doing the EX program. It's a great program, which the majority of us have used to become smoke free! If you have some spare time, you may want to read some articles on both www.whyquit.com as well as www.quitsmokingonline.com. This is a mental addiction as well as a physical one. We need to retrain our subconscious minds to the fact that smoking is not a good thing! Both of these sites have great information on them, that you could definitely benefit from! Feel free to drop me a post if I can be of any help to you!! I'm wishing you an awesome day! Congratulations on your decision to quit!!!
0 Kudos
debbie53

Welcome Sunshine! You seem to be building quite the support group! The first step is making your mind up that quitting smoking is something that you really want to do! Then, follow the EX plan to the letter. Visit the sites Polly told you about above me here. There good ones.
I found that coming here often has been a God send! Read the blogs of other members. It really strengthens the fact that your not in this ALONE. Write blogs often. It helps to keep the mind and fingers busy and you'll find that you will make new friends as well. We have a good time here but first and foremost, we're here to help you and ourselves quit smoking!!!
If there is anything I can do to help you through this, just let me know!
Talk to you soon and congratulations on your very smart decision to quite. You won't be sorry!
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You so much Karen, I am going to do this, I know it is hard but I am determined, bless you for caring, I appreciate it .
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Mike, I really appreciate your comments. I am going to do this, I need to do it. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Lisa for commenting, it means alot to me! I am determined to do this, I want and need to. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Susan for your comments. All of you really give me the incentive to do this. I am determined to quit, I need and want to. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Jennifer and good luck hun. I appreciate your comments and I am determined to beat this. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Robin for commenting, I really appreciate it. I am determined to do this. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos
traci9

Thank You Becky for commenting, I really appreciate it. I am determined to do this. Bless you for caring.
0 Kudos