cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SCARED

DO NOT WHAT TO EXPECT. AM I GOING TO A B---- WHEN I DON'T HAVE A CIGARETTE. IS MY FAMILY GOING TO PAY FOR THIS FOR AWHILE. I JUST KNOW THIS HAS TO BE DONE.
DARLENE
0 Kudos
17 Replies

TEEJ,
DO YOU HAVE MORE ENERGY SINCE YOU QUIT. I KNOW I DON'T SEEM TO HAVE THE ENERGY AS I DID BEFORE I STARTED SMOKING. IF I CAN'T DO THIS ON MY OWN I MAY TRY YOUR WAY. THANK YOU FOR REPLYING AND FOR THE TIPS.

DARLENE
0 Kudos
teej

D your energy will return- it will be more sustained and "cleaner energy" I promise- what is happening to you now is your body is getting used to living without all the drugs that are in cigarettes- there are over 400 of them. Your body is out of balance- give it time to adjust to living without the other drugs for a bit. Drink juice (cranberry, grapefruit or orange) - also you may need to have some sugar (cigarettes raise your sugar levels) so a few hard candies will help with that. DO NOT SKIP MEALS. smoking enabled your body to run on chemicals- you need to tech your body to run on good old nutritious foods from now on. take some naps etc.. I promise, this is a good sign- you will find your energy coming back soon.
0 Kudos
gin

Darlene -
Quitting is difficult...but I realized how tight the nicodemon's hold was. I'm only on day 9. The first few days I was dealing with a medical issue and smoking was just not a thought...it did seem like this time was the easiest start of quitting. The past couple of days have been horrible though! I have been crabby...more than usual. I almost feel like I'm gonna bite someone's head off! Thank goodness for this site and supportive friends who I can b*t*h to about all my feelings...and all those feeling repressed by smoking are coming out full force now! But they need to be dealt with instead of hiding.

You can do it...we can help...good luck!
0 Kudos

GIN,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT. I AM GETTING A LITTLE B*T*H, IT IS TOUGH. YOU ARE RIGHT ABOUT THE SUPPORT ON ON THIS SITE, IT'S BEEN GREAT.

THANK YOU AGAIN,
DARLENE
0 Kudos

phoenix,
i guess i just don't want to piss anyone off during this or hurt their feelings. i think mine comes from alot of bordem. if i stay busy i will do real good. if i am not doing anything, i really can smoke those cigarettes. i wish you the best of luck.
thank you for responding.

darlene
0 Kudos

teej,
believe me, i do not skip meals, but it is the after fects. i always want a cig. afterwards. thanks on the tips of liquids to drink. i really do want my energy back.

darlene
0 Kudos
adam14

Make sure you talk to your family and let them know that, even though they are not smokers, they may have to make a few adjustments to cope with your aggitation. Come up with a physical sign to show when you're nic-fitting so they know to either give you support or give you a little space and time to allow your nic-fit to pass. I've been affraid of the same thing for a long time, but your family wants you to quit smoking as much if not more than you do.
0 Kudos

adam,
most of my family is smokers. that is what is going to be the hard part about this. i like the word nic - fit. i am glad this site is here,because i will be needing all the help i can get.

thank you,
darlene
0 Kudos