cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Relapse city

I did it. I relapsed. I quit my quit. I have no why. I only have a requit to maintain. 

Tags (1)
50 Replies
anaussiemom

db04933dcdba0e8643846fcbfb0dfad4.gif

That was just practice.  NOW!     You, have wind beneath your wings to soar, to be a NOPE! 

roses-desi-glitters-59.gif

DonnaMarie

You and I are gonna make it. I'm back to 1 minute, 1 hour, 1 anything at a time. I have all the tools. I lost the "me" part somewhere, but I found it again. Being a junkie is so weird. 

anaussiemom

That's awesome!   DonnaMarie

Many NOPE prayers sent your way.  

Hugs Kim

Roller831

I believe in order to be successful for your next quit, you need to evaluate why you chose to smoke. You know why.  Deep down, you know and I think you need to figure it out and admit it to yourself.  You made a choice and before that choice was some kind of discussion in your head.  Relapse Prevention may be a good place to start to help you for next time.  #relapse_traps is a great search item as well.

I am sorry you have to repeat Day 1.  As always, many of us here wish you success and hope your Day 1 turns into a Day WON.  Your relapse is something you can learn from so it can be prevented in the future.

We are all here when you are ready to try again.

Roller

DonnaMarie

It was a general "because I want to" and maybe to prove I could have just one or two. NOPE Not true. At least not for me. Some people can drink alcohol and I'm one who can. Some people cannot drink even one sip. I guess there are some people who can smoke, but it's a one puff and I'm back thing for me. I remember reading that I need not be jealous of those who are smoking, but rather pity them or feel sorry for them. I don't want to dose out pity, but would like to remain on the side of not jealous. 

DonnaMarie

I posted to be held accountable to myself and to put it out there in the world. I'm not making excuses. I'm not whining. I'm not ... not sure what to put here. For my own self, I had to make it known. I haven't been keeping my personal blog as much since I started coming here and I love the feedback. So I come here   

Smober on.

keepcalm.jpg

anaussiemom

9edcab8725bed60303c07546d5931839.gif

God, Angels,  surround you with Loving Light Of NOPE!

Hang in there... 1 step at a time... you will get there....took me a long time to accept N.O.P.E.

Believe me, I had to test that a few times.... This time,I went in knowing positively, that I can not light up!

I would instantly be a smoker again...with all the problems, I've had that made the past 3 wks. harder...This Site and reaching out is what kept me on track.......The fight can be exhausting....Hang tough! Members have your back! Prairie21dof

Mandolinrain

I’m glad you came back. It’s very hard. I failed many times.

it was not until I truly understood how nicotine was drawing me back into its stinking arms over and over again that I finally was able to clamp down and quit! Also getting my toolbox in order was extremely important to maintain my quit.

I was so sick of going back to day one that I knew if I kept doing the same old thing i was bound to get the same results.

Educate yourself well in the addiction. It’s much more than black lung pictures.. so much more. Like I have heard alcoholics say about alcohol....Nicotine is also powerful cunning and baffling.

Dont let it take your life. You deserve so much more. YOU are going to eat now so be prepared and you will have a much better chance to win. All battles are hard but the ones well fought bring Freedom.

i wish you Freedom....you just have to prepare-fight and take it. It’s your choice and only you can do it! We have your back.

xoxoMissy