cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

DonnaMarie

Relapse city

I did it. I relapsed. I quit my quit. I have no why. I only have a requit to maintain. 

Tags (1)
50 Replies
DonnaMarie

Sounds like we know each other very well. 

Thanks for sharing. I know I'm not alone; we've all been there, but I am reading what you wrote and it's like I wrote it myself. 

The main thing is that you haven't completely given up. Most of us had to quit more then once for success. I know with this last quit, I was really ready to do it. And more importantly, I never doubted that I COULD do it. I feared failure more then anything but by the time I put out that last cigarette, I knew that nothing was going to stop me this time, including myself.

So long as you desire freedom over temporary discomfort, then you'll succeed. And I think you do want that freedom. Otherwise you wouldn't be here right now!

As always, I look forward to hearing of your success. 

ONWARD TO FREEDOM!!!

Chuck

DonnaMarie

Chuck_Quit_2-20-2011 wrote:

The main thing is that you haven't completely given up. 

I needed that. You said exactly the right thing at exactly the right time. 

complete.jpg

Lisaml

Hi Donna! 

Sorry you're facing another day 1, but I am so proud of you for getting right back up and starting back to your quit! 

Sending you good vibes and high fives 😉 

DonnaMarie

My goal is to make this the last day 1. 

Lisaml

Then you shall!!! Brava!!! 

desiree465

It's good that you came back and didn't give up. I know people that can do the one cigarette a year thing. I am not one of those people. I used to also say I'll only smoke when ........... and I would always go back to being a full blown smoker. The fact that you came on here and are trying again tells me you really want this but maybe you need different tools this time. 

Jennifer-Quit

I cannot add anything to all the good words of advise that you have received already.  But would like to say that you seem open and receptive to everyone's comments.  And that is a good thing - we are all here with the same objective - to help people quit and remain quit.  Best wishes to you Donna!

JACKIE1-25-15

When I saw this this morning.  I was speechless I could not respond at the time. I was disappointed however, I know that it happens but was surprised it was you because I felt you were off to a great new beginning.  My only wish was that you had come here first and maybe, just maybe, it would have made a difference. We don't know that though.  Hoping that you get back on the right track.  Remember we are here.  I suggest that you get you a quit buddy that you can text, Phone email. to communicate with when you are about to go over the edge.  Being connected helps. Someone may be able to help pull you back off the cliff  Best wishes.  This quitting thing is not easy  but doable.  Please remember that.  NOPE will keep you free.  I consider this as a slip since this was a short trial but flip this and find out the why and do not repeat it.  Don't just try to wing it.  Study Read Blog Research Ask questions.Education is the key. 

DonnaMarie

I am off to a good start. Thanks for being there. It's back to constant education and no relaxing my will (not will power as I don't believe that works for me).