cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

anaussiemom

Recipes On The Web

I try a lot of new cooking or baking recipes on the web.   Sometimes they are yummy. Sometimes ghastly.  But it's fun and keeps me busy, from smoking @ times.  Does anyone enjoy dabbling in the kitchen with recipes from the internet and such?  This is a Cranberry Cake I made for a Christmas party.  It was pretty, festive, and tasted really good. 
BTW I heard if you eat cake really really fast.......No calories!!  Just Kidding.    I love cake. 
037.JPG

118 Replies
anaussiemom

sssshhhhhhhhhhh

0 Kudos
GyorgyiM

HOW CUTE IS THAT!!!!!!

Easter breakfast just got a whole lot cuter with these fun and festive recipes

minihorses

When the boys were little I made bear face pancakes, turtle pancakes, snake pancakes, bunny face pancakes, and sword pancakes.  The swords were the hardest because of trying to get the hilt the right shape and size for the sword.  Glad I don't have to do that anymore! 

0 Kudos
ShawnP

it makes me want to grab that tail lol

0 Kudos

I used to make Mickey and Mini mouse pancakes for the grandkids.......

0 Kudos

I eat almonds everyday!

anaussiemom

gallery-1519657904-delish-quiche-lorraine.jpg

I Love Quiche !!  "Quiche Lorraine"

Ingredients
Yields: 6

For the crust
1 1/4 c. all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. kosher salt
1/2 c. (1 stick) cold butter, cubed
3 tbsp. ice water
For the quiche
8 slices bacon
1 1/2 c. shredded gruyere or swiss
1 shallot, minced
6 large eggs
1 1/2 c. heavy cream
Pinch of cayenne
pinch of nutmeg
kosher salt
Freshly cracked black pepper
Directions
Prep Time: 0:20
Total Time: 1:40

1. Make the crust: In a large bowl whisk together flour and salt until combined. Using your hands, add butter, working it into the flour until the mixture resembles pea-size crumbs. Add ice water by the tablespoon until the mixture forms into a crust. Form into a disc, wrap in plastic wrap, and refrigerate until firm, 30 minutes.
  2. On a lightly floured surface, roll out crust until ¼” thick. Loosely drape over a 9” pie plate and crimp edges. Refrigerate until ready to use.
  3. In a large skillet over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy, 8 minutes. Transfer to a paper towel-lined plate to drain.
  4. Scatter cooked bacon on pie crust with 1 cup gruyere and shallot. In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, cream, cayenne, and nutmeg and season with salt. Pour mixture over bacon and cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
  5. Bake until crust is golden and eggs cooked through, 40 minutes. Let cool 15 minutes before slicing and serving.

Can add what ever you enjoy in a Quiche
minihorses

For a lower calorie and gluten free alternative did y'all know you can also make a CRUSTLESS quiche? My family actually prefers it that way!

0 Kudos
anaussiemom

recipe please.

0 Kudos
minihorses

O.K. it's definitely NOT been a good day.  My computer got a cappuccino dumped on the keyboard courtesy of my black cat and my own stupidity.  It also got all over this kindle fire but I managed to get this working.  The laptop with ALL my financials, etc is completely dead.  I will do the best I can typing on this.

Making a crustless quiche is essentially the same as making one with a crust:

PLEASE NOTE:  I RARELY MEASURE INGREDIENTS EXCEPT FOR THE BASICS.  ALL SOLID INGREDIENTS INCLUDING CHEESE, AND ALL SPICES ARE LISTED WITHOUT EXACT AMOUNTS.  I COOK BY SMELL AND TASTE!

Preheat oven to 375°

1)  Prepare Solid Ingredients -

Saute and season any raw meat and vegetables. I Don't saute things like onions but crisper veggies get sauteed.

To save time I use precooked chicken breast strips (Purdue carvers shotcuts), precooked bacon or ham but veggies are fresh.

About 1 to 1 1/2 cups of solid ingredients is good for a standard 9" pie plate.  I use about 2 cups for a deep dish         pan. 

2)   Place solid ingredients in bottom of pan.

3)   Spread shredded cheese of choice over solid ingredients.h

4)   Make the custard using a bowl and whisk or blender. A standard pie pan takes 4 eggs  and about 1 cup of liquid (any single or combination using milk, cream, unsweetened soy milk, half and half. I think almond milk works too). A deep pie Pan takes 6 eggs and 1 1/2 to 2 cups liquid. I use 1% milk and fat-fee creamer mixed. Add other seasonings as desired. I like garlic, onion, dry mustard powder, some salt and pepper,  paprika in the custard, and sometimes a little nutmeg.

5)   Pour custard over dry ingredients. Place on center rack and bake 30 - 45 min.  If you have a baking stone place the pie pan on the stone and bake. It cooks much more evenly.

It is done when a knife inserted in center comes out clean.