cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bvaux34

Really bad day

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I am on week 4 of stopping cold turkey. It has been a breeze, until now. I am not sure what is going on today but I am not feeling well, I am cranky, I want to cry constantly, and all I keep thinking about is smoking. Is this normal? I figured after 4 weeks I would be on the brighter side of this. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to try and make the day easier, better, more tolerable, without caving??

26 Replies
bvaux34

Mine does to some days.  I believe we can get through it. 

0 Kudos
elvan

bvaux34  One step at a time and sometimes they have to be baby steps, it takes time but it does get better.  Deep breaths, doing something creative that you enjoy, watching funny videos or movies or reading something funny, listening to music.  I think the absolute BEST thing to do is to let it out, smoking taught us to stuff our feelings...we have to gradually learn to deal with them without thinking we are crazy because we are crying.  Crying is good, it lets off the pressure, like a pressure cooker.  As you learn to deal with things, you will not be so blindsided by your feelings.  You will realize that they are "normal."

Ellen

Giulia

COOL!  A lot of people on here have asked about apps.  I'll make note of this so I can pass it on.  Thanks!

0 Kudos
prjimm01

you and hubby are doing this!  YAY!!! You both are awesome!!!

0 Kudos
Ready2021

I do hope you feel better it gets better I'm 31 days and I have been there also feel better

0 Kudos
elvan

bvaux34  Hope you are feeling better today...sometimes, we forget that we had really bad days as smokers too.  I hope you are having a better one today...keep taking it one day or one hour at a time!

bvaux34

Thank you elvan. It was a much better day!