cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

bvaux34

Really bad day

Hope everyone had a great 4th of July. I am on week 4 of stopping cold turkey. It has been a breeze, until now. I am not sure what is going on today but I am not feeling well, I am cranky, I want to cry constantly, and all I keep thinking about is smoking. Is this normal? I figured after 4 weeks I would be on the brighter side of this. Anyone have any ideas on what I can do to try and make the day easier, better, more tolerable, without caving??

26 Replies
MarilynH

I really hope you enjoyed your supper out and that you'll get a decent nights sleep tonight and that tomorrow will be a much better day but we're here for anytime so blog whenever you need to or just want to say hello, I'm so happy that you got through another DAY WON.

maryfreecig

Turn arounds are sweet. Thanks for updating that you are feeling better!

0 Kudos
Barbara145

Great job.  Keep doing whatever it takes one day at a time.  It is so worth it.

0 Kudos

You'll know you're out of NML when you have a terrible, horrible, no good, very bad day and you know that we all do and it has nothing to do with smoking or not smoking! Mine really sucked! I felt so crummy but I never once believed that Sickerettes had anything to do with it! I'm just leaving it all behind me and looking forward to a Great Day tomorrow!

Mandolinrain

Ditto to all above.....I am also a cold turkey quitter....three years come September for me. I know this sounds very weird, but I swore  by Vicks Vapor RUB to get me through some of THE WORST craves. I also bout a Vicks inhaler. Now I didn't use the inhaler that much but kept it handy. I can't explain why t worked but Vicks took my craves aways quickly. I rubbed it under my nose....even went as far a putting a tiny bit on my tongue. I don't recommend that, but it worked for me.

Hide this helps some. You gotta go through for the breakthrough, but VICKS was an amazing help for me. My daughter in law also used Vicks and she said it helped her as well. Good Luck!

0 Kudos
Giulia

Just out of curiosity - is your husband still quit?  He didn't want to talk about it, as I recall you saying.  Don't YOU hesitate to do so.  OK?  Talking about it helps some of us.  And support makes a big difference.  Hang in.  And keep talking to us.  You have a beautiful quit.  Stay true to you.

0 Kudos
bvaux34

Yes he is still doing great too. He will talk about it now and even downloaded the app that is really helping us both! 

0 Kudos
Giulia

YAY!!!!  What app?  EX doesn't have one.  What app are you using?

bvaux34

It is called SmokeFree. It tells you exactly how much you have saved, how many cigarettes not smoked, time smoke free, progress and time frames for pulse rate oxygen levels breathing, energy levels, etc....Countdowns to when everything will be back to a normal person. Even countdowns to risk of heart attack and lung cancer being back to that of a non smoker. It is a really cool app and keeps you excited to continue on your journey. Watching the bars continue growing and realizing baby steps are getting you healthier! For instance after just 4 weeks my risk of heart attack is 1.35% closer to that of a non smoker and my circulation is improved by 27%. Thats some amazing info!

jbliesmer

TOTALLY NORMAL! At the one month mark I started to hit a wall. I am waiting for it to get easier, but it hasn't yet. Just passed 2 months yesterday.

I don't want to smoke, but my mind is messing with me.