cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

kicrab107

Ready to try again

Good morning! Well, I am going to give it another shot. Longest quit I have ever had is about 4 weeks.It's time to get serious!! My quit date is April 5.

0 Kudos
10 Replies
philly33

Hello I understand am Looking at it like this. where do you see yourself six months from now:-)
0 Kudos
beth102

just around the corner you can do it

0 Kudos
schoney50

I know the feeling of trying one more time...but do you know how strong we are to want to quit in the face of being disappionted before...we are awesome and we can quit....mainly because we WANT to!! Wanting to is half the battle...Ihave tried Hypnosis...laughed through it with my adult daughter..patches..allergic to adhesive..Chantix...drove me bonkers...and now I am trying acupuncture plus Nicotrol ordered by my family MD...I have smoked for 47 years since I was a young teenager..but now I am a Mom of two adult daughters (who both smoke) and 5 gorgeous growing grandkids...married to a wonderful non smoker for 43 years and want to spend my later years enjoying life and not in Chemo or home sick.....I trust God and the efforts I am making to become a non smoker in less than 4 weeks....just in time to spend a week with my healthy fun 88 yr old Dad on vacation at his house...he is so strong and such a brave man...and sooo healthy...I need to be more like him!  Wish my luck!  contact me if you want to talk anytime or about anything...

0 Kudos
Barbgirl

Hi Schoney50.  Yes, I'm trying again.  This time I am hoping to suceed. I've tried so many times, but with no luck.  The longest was 4 weeks.  I have a program this time, and friends who can help me suceed.  Good luck to you.  I know you can  do it.  I'll be praying for you.  I need someone who I can talk to, so thank you for the offer.  I'll be in contact with you more. 

0 Kudos
mateo384

I'd make a plan for that first day, cuz that's the hardest day of all.  Hopefully you won't be working, cuz that'll be just unnecessary stress added into your day.  Take the day off, keep busy around the house, relax and sleep whenever you feel like it, and eat whatever you want.  Basically, do whatever it takes to make it to Day 2.

You can do it!

0 Kudos
kicrab107

Actually I have that entire week off. I plan on taking a couple of day trips to take some pictures, other than that I have no plans for the week. Hopefully it will be a stress free week.

0 Kudos
schoney50

Hi Kicrab 107...Taking pictures and getting outside in God's fresh air is perfect..what could be better than breathing in clear clean air and not sucking in all the chemicals and smoke...make sure you take pictures of places or things that make you very relaxed...I love the beach so my computer is filled with pictures of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic..I also have lots of pics of the pond behind my house with egrets, ibis and herons...in the early Spring I get visits from River Otters!! They are the cutest things...they come back every year..a male and sometimes a female and babies.

I South Carolina right now trees and bushes are in bloom and just walking around outside it is very renewing..like Spring...hang in there...Trust God and let go!!

hugs

Barbara in SC

0 Kudos
schoney50

Hi Kicrab 107...Taking pictures and getting outside in God's fresh air is perfect..what could be better than breathing in clear clean air and not sucking in all the chemicals and smoke...make sure you take pictures of places or things that make you very relaxed...I love the beach so my computer is filled with pictures of the Gulf of Mexico and the Atlantic..I also have lots of pics of the pond behind my house with egrets, ibis and herons...in the early Spring I get visits from River Otters!! They are the cutest things...they come back every year..a male and sometimes a female and babies.

I South Carolina right now trees and bushes are in bloom and just walking around outside it is very renewing..like Spring...hang in there...Trust God and let go!!

hugs

Barbara in SC

0 Kudos
schoney50

hugs

Barbara in SC

0 Kudos