cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

olivia131313

7th... or 8th... time's the charm, I'm new to this forum.

Hi every one,

My name is Olivia and I have been smoking since I was 15 and I am now 28. Today is my first day free of smoking. I prepped for about a week. Saw my doctor, I have my list of reasons posted all over my apartment and am using my NRT.

I think this is some where around my 8th attempt at quitting smoking but I'm not really sure as I have make half hearted attempts to quit through out my smoking history. Right now feels like the fates have finally aligned though.

My family is not the best of supports and they are the people I talk with the most right now. So, I'm hoping to find a more positive support system here.

Lots of love and luck to all of you fellow quitters!! 🙂

0 Kudos
3 Replies
beth102

i have tired many times too but i dont think my head and heart was truely in it i think im seeing that bigger picture now with health and trying to save it now i started smoking when i was about 11 and im 27 so i feel your pain and on trying to quit i just started this today moving slowly into quitting what is nrt just curious

0 Kudos

i was a teen and started now im 42 if  i only knew then what i know now drop the smokes and dont look back i understand i have fouht to quit well maybe half heartly now i have mulit med issues all because of smoking there is nothing good about smoking quit life will go on and it will be better 

0 Kudos
mateo384

My friends were not very supportive either after many failed attempts.  They began to laugh at me.  You will find limitless support online, so i'd focus on that.  Hopefully you're still doing very well with your quit.  Take one day at a time and do whatever it takes to make it to the next day.

The first week called Hell Week is the worst.  Gets much better after that, but you still need to focus.

0 Kudos