cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jessica17

Quitting today!

Today is my quit date. Anyone who wants to join me on this for a happy new birthday next year please do. We can make it! Are you stressed out yet? I am a bit, but I think I will be okay. I haven't used the gum yet, but I have it...I have been up for 3 hours and I had a sucker. That really helped. I am a little tense, but not too upset. A little obsessed about it, maybe. Can't stop thinking about it right now. I don't want to smoke, I just keep thinking that I can't. I am using aversion techniques...like picturing a cigarette almost to my lips and maggots begin to crawl out from all over...It helps a lot. But my body hurts right now. Maybe the gum would be a good idea. I am not sure when I should use the gum. I want to be off the nicotine altogether, so I think I want to stay away from the gum as much as I can. What do you think? Any suggestions? Thanks! ~ Jess
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
6 Replies
liz19

I Jess! You can do this! I'm on day 3, and I didn't think I could. I didn't use gum, I was taking Chantix, and it helps a little, but no matter HOW you choose to quit, the key is just don't smoke. Just don't. I have had some serious cravings in the last 8 hours or so, but walking helps. Anything you can do to distract yourself for 3-5 minutes, you'll be over it. I promise. Once you make it through that first 24 hour period, you'll be so proud! Walk, jump, skip, sing do the dishes, take a shower, anything you can do to distract yourself will help! Good luck! You can do it!
0 Kudos
jessica17

We can do this! I went and grabbed the gum and I feel a lot better. I should have gotten it hours ago! My biggest problem is the addiction, I think. Except when I am on the phone...then I want one. I used to grab the phone and call someone when I smoked, because I had to smoke outside and I was lonely. Now I am avoiding outside at all costs and trying to stay away from that phone!! And that is making me play with my baby more...and reminding me why I am quitting. ~Jess
0 Kudos
murel

Jess You can do this, we can do this. Today is my quit day too. I have kept myself very busy today, drove to the greenhouse and got some annuals and planted away. Being out side in the freash air was good. Not stoping every hour for a cig was great got a lot more done. Just remember all you have to do is resist that one smoke. Take it one day at a time. Been Smoke free for 23hours now and it is GREAT.
Murel
0 Kudos
jessica17

Today is day 2...37 hours now smoke free for me...but I am sick. Pretty sure it's from lack of cigs, or maybe I am just sick and don't feel good anyway, and not smoking is making me focus on it. I am sure the coughing is from the lack of cigs. I am doing really well. I am going to keep this site up on my computer as long as I need too...maybe even all weekend. We'll see. Thanks for the vote of confidence from everyone. The support really helps!
0 Kudos
mrs.-u

Congratulations on Day 2! Keep up the good work, and know that we are all here to help with support!
0 Kudos
hothula

yeah happy for you. you will do great
0 Kudos