cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

brnctaylor09

Quitting is hard

Jump to solution

How do you even get your mindset prepared to quit because I have too. Stress is one thing I'm currently with and I have been smoking more than a pack a day.

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brnctaylor09 Have you checked out the EX Guides to Quitting ? Education and preparation is important.  

Is FEAR holding you back? is a Blog that the Mayo team shared this week.

You can also check out  Make a Plan: Get ready for your quit date - EX Community  has somethings the community has recommended to prepare for your quit date. I know you've set 4/1/23 as your quit date but perhaps you can review the suggested items and then set a quit date that is sooner.

EX Community Admin Team

View solution in original post

2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

@brnctaylor09 Have you checked out the EX Guides to Quitting ? Education and preparation is important.  

Is FEAR holding you back? is a Blog that the Mayo team shared this week.

You can also check out  Make a Plan: Get ready for your quit date - EX Community  has somethings the community has recommended to prepare for your quit date. I know you've set 4/1/23 as your quit date but perhaps you can review the suggested items and then set a quit date that is sooner.

EX Community Admin Team
Barbscloud

@brnctaylor09 Welcome to the Ex and congrats on your decision to quit.  I learned how to prepare for my quit when I found the Ex.

Educate yourself about nicotine addiction and create a quit plan.  Many have found success with knowledge and preparation.   It took me 50 years and many attempts to finally get it. I went into my quits blindly and was never successful.  In addiction to some aids, I found the Ex a week prior to my quit.  For the first time I learned how to quit and had the support that was always lacking.

This link is a great lace to start. Learn how to identify your triggers, the tools you'll use, creating new associations instead of smoking, etc. 

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Make the commitment and you can do this too.  We're here to support you on your journey.  So reach out anytime you need help, want to share your experience or to support fellow quitters. We're all in this together.

Start your day by taking the Daily Pledge.  It's a great way to stay on track on day at a time.

Look forward to celebrating with you on the 15th. I'm a March quitter also and will be celebrating 5 years on the 7th. 

Stay busy and stay close.

Barbscloud_0-1676221897648.png

Barb

0 Kudos