cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quitting Tools

Sip water to help you through your cravings. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies
bonniebee

I like the straw idea ,,,take a straw cut into 3 pieces use this for the hand and mouth habit especialy in the first month or two it has really helped me !

seamac

I keep a cigarette length piece if a straw in my car wih a cinnamon stick in it.  It fits just right so won't slip out... When I feel a crave I draw on it, the size and shape help a little but the little tang and taste of cinnamon helps more. 

brandnewday15

I find it very helpful to workout at a gym, going for a long walk at a good pace, listening to upbeat music, listening to podcasts online, playing free internet games, .and getting support from the smoking cessation line from my state . i am thinking about taking a zumba class at my gym as it is a combination of aerobics and dancing and also has music. anything that keeps the mind distracted and hands busy is very helpful

0 Kudos
blacksheep88

I've been sucking on cough drops. I get the riccola all-natural ones. I imagine it's not the best thing for me, but I like the menthol feeling it leaves in my throat and it occupies my mouth when i get anxious.

0 Kudos
kitkat17

I think of the money i will save when i quit. I have tried a straw thinking it was a cigeratte

I have tried candy that may have a menthol taste, I have chewed on a pencil.

I keep thinking out the smell out of my clothes,hair,breath. I have pretended I

was a drummer on the table.

0 Kudos

I love to run

It is my favorite distraction and makes me feel great and dont want to smoke all day long !!!

0 Kudos
kytee

I have been keeping coffee stirs in my pocket or purse to fiddle with and chew on when i have an urge.

0 Kudos
meagain4

Greetings. I am just beginning my journey into finally quitting smoking forever. I've tried before, but this time I feel more committed and excited about becoming a non-smoker. Today, I chewed on a whole clove for awhile, and it really lessened the withdrawal symptoms I was feeling. Thank you for all of the other ideas. I need as many tricks as I can fit into what feel like the LONGEST LASTING days EVER!

0 Kudos
stephanie123

My quit date was July 4th and even though I went in stron, within a couple days I was climbing the walls and crying even when doing things that should make me happy such as reading the bible. I could use all the suggestions I can get my hands on

mitsy

Theys s my first day of quiting (after years of attempts). But the thing I know this time is asking for help and communication with others that have gone through the same struggle. I have always been a closet smoker and tried to be a closet quiter, it just does not work.  So don't be afraid and spill your guts out to the best group that can understand and support you.   Here!       So far today I have been cooking (it brings me joy) and have been reading blogs. Try the silly things that helped other. I know I will 🙂