cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

JACKIE1-25-15

Keep it movin

Sometimes you may feel tired as if you cannot go on but only let that be for a moment.  Take a deep breath and tell yourself Yes, I Can do this!   Yes, I will do this!    No matter what !  No argument, death, no sickness, no bill collector, disobedient child, mad lover, roommate, spouse or friend will cause you to pick up again.  Tell yourself, “I will make it through”.   Know and believe that the reward is greater than the few moments of agony thinking about when you will stop thinking about thinking about a cigarette.  Change the thought to how it feels to be free.  Tell yourself that nothing is going to make you go back to smoking.  Tell yourself this will also pass and it is just part of the process.  Think that what you are going through is simply a cleansing, physically and mentally.  Each time you get an urge, crave withdrawal symptom or thought and not smoke you will get stronger and wiser.   You can survive this and move forward.   It will not kill you.  The cigarette will. Don't use smoking as an option. SINAO  Drop the negative and move to the positive, You are free and you will not go back.   A saving grace you are delivered.  No matter what, Hold on, Hang tough, Stay close and Don’t give up (HHSD) because “The Time” will come that the thought of smoking will be like a gnat or mosquito that you swat.   It may come sooner for some but it will come so for now just keep it moving.  Whatever you are going through it is worth the weight (wait) in gold.   Don’t let your selfish addictive thinking trick you to believe otherwise. 

Keep it moving one day at a time knowing that you are going to make it.  Somedays may be harder than other but you have got to get it moving.   Whatever it takes and by any means necessary: walk, sing, dance, listen to music, talk, read, blow bubbles, drink water, scream, vent, holler, cry, or laugh.  Don't let smoking be one of the options you may be at the breakthrough moment you have been working for. You can do this! SINAO

Click...Dance Sing   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pCC0eXSAhYE

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
5 Replies
Daniela2016

Inspiring blog, thank you Jackie!

Daniela

0 Kudos
Christine13

Thank you Jackie!!  I WILL do this!!

Christine

0 Kudos

Thanks for the blog Jackie! These words came at a perfect time.

0 Kudos
shashort

Thank you Jackie I am hanging on, hanging touch, staying close and most deifinitely not giving in.  NOPE!! SINAO!! and I don't do that anymore and is such a relief.

0 Kudos
TerrieQuit

Perfect blog, Jackie! "you", "we", 'I"  made a choice not to smoke, so close the options door and put a lock on it! We are former smokers! Thanks, Jackie!

I Won't Quit on my Quit!

0 Kudos