cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quitting Tools

Sip water to help you through your cravings. 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
55 Replies
catrina917

Hi! I'm new to this site, and I need all of the tips and tricks that I can get. I need a lot of support because I am a closet smoker and I can't turn to anyone for help. This is day 1, so I hope I am sucsessful 🙂

0 Kudos
quitter1-5

four days quit. Urges there and just a  rotten time today. Took nap. Complaining constant. On the patch. OH WELL i really want to be this ex smoker. "Pat on the back"

0 Kudos
pandawhale

Hello there!

The holidays are getting closer...I cannot possibly quit before NYE.

I'm being realistic.....Is mid January too late?

0 Kudos
robynperez

Hi, I am new here.  I had set my quit day for January 1st but the smoking was giving me such bad headaches I actually quit on December 23rd.  I am on the patch and I do fine pretty much the only time I have a problem is when I'm at work and my co-workers (smokers) ask if I want to go on break with them.  I am such a sucker because I can't say no and then end up bumming one from them.  They know that I'm trying to quit but they just make fun saying that I quit but bum.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
tathomas

Ok today is the day I quit.....I told my daughter that I had my last cig at 6pm. She told me when I feel like lighting up just text her she' s be there. 

0 Kudos
boatmaiden

Having had whopping cough in Sept 2012, I decided that enough was enough.  I haven't smoked since.  I have quit before and was smoke free for 2 years and then decided that "just one" wouldn't hurt.  Kept the smoking under control for awhile but it quickly got out of hand.  I then continued for 5 years!!  

Even though I haven't smoked since september 2012, I still have hard moments.  I am using nicotine lozenges and seem to be "hooked"  on them.  Was hoping to be off of them by now.  Wondering if anyone else is using the NRT and what you're doing to stop?  

My thoughts of smoking can be pretty strong at times and right now I am just waiting them out and hope I can continue being strong enough to do that.

0 Kudos
dragonflyuni

I am having a really hard time not smoking. My depression is getting the best of me and not helping. I feel like i am losing a battle between to evils.

0 Kudos
jan-marie

Just joined the group, and can use all the helpful hints I can find.  Any mints that anyone recommends.  I am thinking of using tic tacs...  Thanks 

0 Kudos
cloree22

im quittung friday ive done before cold turkey but started again, im nervous any suggestions

0 Kudos
Michwoman

These African webcams are very cool!

http://www.africam.com/wildlife/

0 Kudos