cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

barryfleming

Quit smoking

I've been trying to quit smoking for a long time now but haven't been successful. Now I have set a date for July 15,2019. Can anyone give me some great tips for quitting and what can I try and quit.

23 Replies
barryfleming

Ok sounds really good.

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 5:15 PM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

0 Kudos
barryfleming

Ok thanks

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 5:15 PM virgomama <communityadmin@becomeanex.org>

0 Kudos
barryfleming

Good morning. It was kind of rough this morning, but I manage to make it

through the morning without a cigarette so far. Hope your day is going

well.

0 Kudos
elvan

THERE you go, you have gotten lots of great advice already!  Remember that it is a journey, one day at a time.

Ellen

0 Kudos
barryfleming

Thank you Ellan. One day at a time

maryfreecig

Come to understand that craves will not kill you. They grow weaker over time. Day by day. When you quit, it helps to have a solid plan of things that you will do other than smoke. Stick to it one day at a time and remember Ex has your back 365 days of the year. In this community, you will come to understand that you are not alone.

indingrl

Welcome and CONGRATS on DAY ONE - gentle hug ❤

0 Kudos
barryfleming

Thanks for the hug and heart, really appreciate it. Day 1

On Mon, Jul 1, 2019, 5:15 PM indingrl.01.06.2011 <

virgomama

Hi barryfleming.  The #1 thing you can do for yourself is stick close to the people on this site and get a solid plan going for yourself.  I'm convinced I owe my quit to the advice and knowledge here.  I started with Youngatheart's introduction like Elvan said and went from there.

Barbscloud

Welcome to the Ex.  You've already gotten wonderful advise.  Just want to reiterate, change up your routine, keep busy and stay close to the site.  Take advantage of the support you can receive here.  It made all the difference for me.   And I found Sour Patch Kids and chewing on straws a lifesaver.  You can do this and we'll be here cheering you on.

Barb