cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Quit in Danger

I fear my quit is in danger. My boyfriend and I broke up. Although I know it's for the best and I've known for awhile we weren't right for each other,  I am still going to miss the relationship. I will miss the companionship and someone to do thing with. I practically lived there.  I only came home to work.  I was a mother to his little boy who I would give my life for. I loved him as my own. Now he has lost 2 mothers in his short little life. I am going to miss him horribly.  I'm going over there to collect my things tomorrow. Smoking has crossed my mind a bazillion times. I've lost 17 pounds in a week because I can't eat.  Please help me.

Broken-hearted #782 DOF

96 Replies

I just saw my ex boyfriend's son for the first time since we broke up 2 months ago.  I work at his school and had to walk his mom down to the Christmas program.  His mom said he is always asking about me.  He ran up to me and gave me a great big hug.  I miss him so much.  I have been going to the bathroom hiding because i am crying.  I knew the first time i saw him would be difficult.  At the moment i am forgetting all the reasons my ex and i are not good for each other.  I just love that little boy so much. Why couldn't this have been my last relationship??

Take some deep breaths.

Without a cigarette.

maryfreecig

Ditto on Jackie's response. To every season...can soften the sting of difficult times.  Easy does it.

JACKIE1-25-15

Why couldn't this have been my last relationship?? I truly wish I could give you the answer.  It may be over with the EX but not the little boy. You touched his life and there is a time and a season for all things.  Here is the reference hopefully you will take the time to read the entire passage it may bring you some comfort.  It is okay to cry but only for a little while. 

Ecclesiastes 3

To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven: King James Version (KJV

Giving you support here is what we do.  Hang on tight, stay close, wipe your eyes.  Your quit is very important this time of the year. Protect it. 

YoungAtHeart

How ARE you?  I remembered this song this morning. I would play it EVERY morning when I got to work, and sing it out loud with as much gusto as I could.

Hope it helps you, too!

Thinking of you!

Nancy

Giulia

"Why couldn't this have been my last relationship??"  Because there's a better one in store.  

You love the child.  That's good.  But you didn't love the relationship with his father.  Really think back to the reason you are no longer together.  It's okay to weep for the loss of the son.  Try not to mistake it for weeping for the other.

You have come much too far to relinquish your quit, Kristen.  I hurt for you.  You must be strong for the boy.   

Thanks guys.  It is so weird that this happened today.  Since Sunday I have been having the urge to text him.  I think what triggered it was being out at the bar on Saturday night to see a band.  All i wanted to do was be at home.  I kept thinking i would rather be at home doing family, kid things with the ex.  I am having a hard time not texting him.  I haven't since the break up.  But then i think "what if he is waiting for me to text"?  

I'm happy to say smoking has not really crossed my mind.  The "addiction" to contact my ex has been. LOL.

YoungAtHeart

Don't DO it - if he did not accept his part in the incompatibility - he is NOT worth having.  I think perhaps you want the RELATIONSHIP more than you want him in particular - and if this is true, just say NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Thinking of you!

Nancy

I know you are absolutely right Nancy.  I want to have a family, not particularly with my ex.  I know it but i just can't shake it.  I am googling everything to talk myself out of texting!  LOL...Gosh, i was doing so good all these 2 months and then BAM!  Am I in relationship NML???  Hahaha