Quit day

Today is my quit day and I'm not ready 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
2 Replies
CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

That's good to recognize that. Perhaps take a step back to read and educate yourself on the quitting process and ensure that you're prepared before making another attempt. Make a Plan: Get ready for your quit date is a post that will help you think about things and take some action prior to your quit date so you're prepared.

EX Community Admin Team
0 Kudos
Barbscloud

@Lpimentel01 Welcome to the Ex.  I agree, if you're not prepared, it's better to take a step back and take the  time to educate yourself about nicotine addiction and have a quit plan in place.  

n addition to a quit date, some aids, and smoking cessation class, I was lucky to find the Ex a week prior to my quit.  I leaned about nicotine addiction and that I need to a plan to cope with cravings, triggers, etc.   I skipped these steps in the past and was never successful.  And having the support of fellow quitters saved my quit several times early on.

With knowledge and support, you can do this too.   We're here to share you're journey.  We've been there, so we know what it takes to be successful.   Work and commitment will get you where you want to be - an ex-smoker .  Use this time to prepare for you quit on the 1st.  

This link is a great place to start:

https://www.becomeanex.org/guides/?cid=footer_community_linktobex

Also, consider taking the Daily Pledge to stay on track one day at a time.  I look forward to celebrating with you not only on the 1st, but your many milestones on your journey.

Stay busy and stay close.

Barb

0 Kudos