cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Kins008

Quit date Jan 16 2019

First time quitter. Smoking 1 1/2 yes.Do I start limiting my cigarettes each day ?

23 Replies
Kins008

Thank you

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019, 5:41 PM Youngatheart.7.4.12 <

0 Kudos
indingrl

Yahooooooo - you do what you gotta do for you- what is YOUR OWN PLAN- you gonna do what you DESIRE to do in YOUR HEART- gentle hug.

elvan

I did the tracking, I did not stop or limit myself but I DID track when I smoked and why and also how strong the crave was for each one.  I wrote them down and I thought of things to do instead of smoking.  When I actually quit, I had that to refer to, some of the things worked and some had to be adjusted.  I was terrified of getting up in the morning and not smoking...it really wasn't that bad, I just got up, made tea (I stopped drinking coffee for a few weeks because I was afraid it would make me want to smoke), I fed our cats, and I went straight to my computer and read blogs and paid attention to what was working for other people.  I found that two times that were the hardest for me were after a meal or after completing a task.  Instead of smoking after a meal, I got up and cleaned up the table and the dishes, instead of smoking after I completed a task, I rewarded myself with some time outside, not smoking but taking deep breaths.  I had failed quits in the past when I tried to diet at the same time as I quit and also when I avoided going outside because I was afraid of the association with smoking.  You are not giving anything up by not smoking, you are gaining time and insight into yourself.  It's really an amazing journey.

Ellen

Bellegonia

The day is almost here! YOU got THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hugs

Belle

Giulia

Nancy gave you good advice.  The patch can help take the edge off cravings, but it doesn't completely remove them.  The busier you can be, the more distractions you can find, the better.

Kins008

Thank you!

0 Kudos
elvan

You can do this...it's a journey and you are about to begin it!  

Ellen

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

Tomorrow is Day One!

Can't WAIT to celebrate Day WON with you tomorrow evening!

Stay close.

Nancy

0 Kudos
Giulia

The journey is truly what you make it.  So make it well for yourself.

0 Kudos
YoungAtHeart

How is it going?

0 Kudos