cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

sunny2

Quit April 5

Found this site tonight needed some support Its been a week.
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
3 Replies
sunny2

Hope you can stay on track. Good luck. Its been 7 days for me since I had a cig. I had bronchitis really bad and couldn't breath for days. That really has given me the wake up call to beat this addiction for good. I've smoked 35 years since I was 15. Tried to quit many times. Went a year once without a cig then just bummed for a few years and the last 10 years smoked a pack a day. I am resolved to quit once and for all. Lets all stay resolved to better living without nasty cigs. 🙂
0 Kudos
becky-fales

I quit on April 5th too 🙂 How are you feeling after one week? I'm finding that all of the physical symptoms are gone but I'm still struggling with habit.
0 Kudos
sunny2

The head game is the hardest. Smoking is associated with so many things that I do, driving, eating, drinking, socializing. Keeping busy and talking to myself helps. It is very hard. I did take a 6 week freedom from smoking class last October so I am using some of the suggested coping skills. deep breathing, visualization, avoiding people who smoke, asking my family to be supportive, chew gum and drink lotws of water. hope this helps.
0 Kudos