cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

gary2

QUIT DAY

Hello. My name is Gary and today is my Quit Day! I am 57 and have been smoking since I was about 15. My main reason for quitting is I want to be FREE! Free from giving control of my life to a chemical. I am thankful for this site as I know I will need all the help I can get.
0 Kudos
1 Reply
edith2

Welcome aboard, Gary! I quit 4 1/2 years ago and you are so right. There is a great freedom when you become a non-smoker. Those who never smoke take it for granted, but being a smoker and then a non-smoker, it's quite awesome. I have the freedom to go wherever I want and not worry about "No smoking" sections. I prefer them now and they are becoming more and more prevalant. I am free from the cravings that ruled over me every day. I don't think about cigarettes. I don't worry about having money for cigarettes. My home and car smell alot better. I smell better. The beginning of my quit was quite uncomfortable at times, but it was worth every second of discomfort. I'm so glad that I'm done with that. Don't give up before the miracle happens. That's when you wake up and realize the cravings are gone and you really are a non-smoker.
0 Kudos