cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

jonnyboy91691

Please Help ME!!!!!!

I dont know what to do anymore, i have tried and tried and cant quit...im in need of a savior.

0 Kudos
6 Replies
brenda61

I jonnyboy.  I will be your savior.  what have you tried?  Are you using patches, gum .lozenges, cold turkey? let us know so we can help.  There are many saviors and plenty of education on this site.  By the way WELCOME

0 Kudos
wanda4

Johnny do not be afraid of quitting....that was my reason for not smoking, dont be fraid of gooffing up, u can try again, just be strong, and determined, if your here it's bcus you wanna quit, so stay cool, and dont give up....I have been here on this site over and over, but I'm not gonna leave anymore cus I'm tired of the nicodemons, who always take over my life.  Take over your life Jonny and dont let those nicodemons ruin you,   YOU CAN DO THIS!

0 Kudos
brenda61

Willpower is the key to success. Successful people strive no matter what they feel by applying their will to overcome apathy, doubt or fear.
Dan Millman - Success - Fear - Action

0 Kudos
cathi4

Anyone can quit. There is not one single clue that is the ticket out but many approaches that when combined with the will to do is successful. Right now you do not need a savior but you do need knowledge about quitting. www.whyquit.com. Look it over and over. It is all there but the initiative that you must bring to the table. In the end, it will not be the hardest thing you will ever have to do but it will be the most rewarding!!

Do whatever it takes. There is no shame in failure. The only shame is to stop trying. We all did this. You can as well. When you know that then you will stop.

0 Kudos
miss-tyggie

Have to agree with Wanda, that FEAR OF QUITTING held a lot of folks back.  Myself included.  I quit 22 days ago, after being diagnosed with early emphysema.  It's been easier than I thought because I told myself it was going to be so difficult I would probably fail...and then the OTHER part of my brain took that as a challenge as in, "Oh yeah?  Hide and watch!"

Have there been difficult moments?  Yep.  But no entire day has been difficult.  My best advice for the difficult moments?  Acknowledge them.  Give them your attention.  Get down on the floor and cry with them in a full blown tantrum if you have to.  Then stand up, calmly.  Breathe slowly and deeply.  Notice how this breath is deeper than one you could take one hour ago.  Take another one.  And another.  You got this. 

I told everyone I could that I was quitting smoking.  I figured the more people I told, the more I would have to look shamefully in the face if I let myself fail.  While I quit for MYSELF, doing so publicly helped.  I posted regularly on facebook.  I still do.  I announced it at work.  LEAN on your support system (you have one even if you don't know it) and bask in every tiny victory.  I promise if you posted or said: "Hey, I just went 20 minutes without smoking even though I really wanted to" people would cheer!   At this stage there are no tiny victories.  2 minutes, 20 minutes or 22 days, all are huge victories.

And you know what?  You've already done the hardest part, the part that a lot of people won't let themselves do.  You've asked for help.

I'm wishing you the best and I'll be thinking of you and imagining you going 2 minutes without smoking and I'm going to cheer you!

Texas Tina with Emphysema

0 Kudos
kate8

35 days here and I know I will Never smoke again!! Just believe in You and You will quit 🙂
0 Kudos