Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

PEOPLE DON'T FAKE DEPRESSION

19 Replies
minihorses

Thank you for the meme. I am one that has to wear the mask every day and it is so hard. My life has been this way since I was a teenager. It takes a lot of energy to put on and wear that "makeup".  It's one of the reasons I haven't been out around friends and other people in a few years.  Today I'm running on about 2 hours of sleep. I've been up since

2:00 a.m. and my brain won't power down enough to sleep. I at least have been very busy. When I get over tired my body becomes wired for light, speed and sound. Even exhausted I still have to (song) "Put on a happy face".  

SuzyQ411

Dick Van Dyke - Put On A Happy Face - YouTube 

I remember this song well.

But it can be so draining to "slap on a happy grin" when your soul is aching.

I'm sensing that your ongoing struggle is what pulls you away from being "out around friends and other people in a few years."  Because you may not want people to know how hard life can be for you?

But, you are forging ahead in your life by being quit from cigarettes for over 2.5 years and apparently stay active with a number of hobbies. 

I'm curious: If someone were to ask you what they might do to help make life better for a person with depression and / or anxiety, what would you suggest?

For now, I'm sending virtual hugs and the hope you will know that we in your Ex family really care about you. 

hugs and prayer from snoopy.jpg

indingrl

Thanks for sharing SuzyQ and I am SOOOOOOO sorry YOUR depressed and I HOPE you have a therapist

SuzyQ411

indingrl

I'm sorry if my post was confusing as I am not experiencing depression at this time. However a family member  and friends are having issues and they have been on my mind.

indingrl

SOOOOOOO sorry and please forgive ME and please know I lifted them in prayer sweet SuzyQ

SuzyQ411

Thank you Diane Joy! Prayers work! The more the better!! 

indingrl

0 Kudos
SuzyQ411

little hearts.jpg

0 Kudos
elvan

Nice blog & very timely. I think many people are depressed now who weren’t in the past.

Ellen

SuzyQ411

thank you 1.6 k.png

Yes, I agree Ellen about an increase in depression due to all that's going on these days~