Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SuzyQ411

PEOPLE DON'T FAKE DEPRESSION

19 Replies
sweetplt

So true Suzy SuzyQ411 ... be ok too...wishing you the best...~ Colleen 803 DOF 

SuzyQ411

I hope you didn't misunderstand.. I'm not having an episode of depression at tis time but I have a family member and friends who are having issues so they have been on my mind. 

heart.png

YoungAtHeart

There was a period in my life when, at sundown, this wave of despair would engulf me. I could actually see it coming - just like a wave breaking over me. 

I was fortunate that I was able to get myself up, out and walking before it hit every day, and eventually walked my way out of it. 

I have such empathy for those who can't.

Christine13

Yes, so true Suzy.  I've been there many times.  Thank you!

SuzyQ411

This was supposed to accompany the statement "People don't fake depression" but I goofed and published that before I wrote the info below! I can be such a klutz sometimes, lol... 

Folks who are prone to depression -- and even some of those who aren't -- are at high risk in these current times. Covid-19 and social unrest have led to a rise in depression and anxiety in Americans, according to the University of Connecticut. Common words words being used to describe the troublesome emotions being experienced by UConn's mental health clientele include  ... "feeling fearful, worrying about their health and safety, and that of loved ones." They also speak of "mental exhaustion and a sense of powerlessness." Among other things, they also speak of "feeling lonely and isolated" by the various public health instructions regarding at-home group assembly and going out in public to eat at restaurants or other public activities. 

If you are someone who's ever experienced depression or anxiety (and perhaps are even having symptoms in these current times) you know how debilitating these conditions can be. Compound the common symptoms of depression and anxiety with being advised to not visit with others outside your housemates (your pod), whether in your home or theirs. 

If your depression or anxiety is lasting for more than a week, it's generally advised to contact a mental health professional.

For helpful tips on managing depression and anxiety during these trying times, check out this post in "Healthline" :

Managing Depression and Anxiety During Covid-19...... 

MarilynH

It's pretty easy to get into a depression but it can be pretty difficult pulling yourself out.......

Thanks for posting Suzy

SuzyQ411

thank you artistic.jpg

CrazyQuitter

I have been suffering depression and anxiety for most of my life. But I have my good days and bad days. I take my Avanza like its a religion I follow. It got worse after a failed emotionally abusive relationship had failed, which changed me forever. But taught me to stick up for myself in relationships. My ex has tried to get back in touch with me since then. But I wouldn't have a bar of it. I basically told him where to go and to not contact me ever again. I felt pretty empowered after that. Now I am living in a new place with a fixed car and working a job with great people. I can't complain. But I am forever trying to manage my depression and anxiety.

SuzyQ411

Yes, managing chronic depression and anxiety is the key to rising above it..

I give you credit for the strength it took to determine what type of life you really wanted and to pull away from what was pulling you down. Congrats on the working car ( a faithful set of wheels is a nice bonus to life), your job, and working with nice people.

You have created a new life for yourself and I am so happy for you!  

go girl.jpg