cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Oxygen Tubing

Is there anything I can do to stop those deep marks on my face, since I now need oxygen at night?  Appreciate any help. It’s embarrassing to me 

26 Replies
elvan

I need to have my skin shrunk so I fit in it better...I remember a joke when I was in high school and it was a husband telling his wife that her panty hose were bagging at the knees...she told him she wasn't WEARING panty hose.  Not so funny any more.

Barb102

You’re beautiful just the way you are  Inside and out. Don’t know where I’d be without you on my quit journey

Gwenivere

I’ve just accepted I have tubing lines in the morning.  I’m 63 and no rock star anymore.  Wearing makeup faded away but by bit, decided to stop streaking my hair, and absolutely NO tight clothes.  I see pics of myself in my 20’s and go wow!  How I had such time for all that.  But that was playtime in my life.  Worked cause I needed money to live, but the priorities were partying, bar hopping and man hunting.  Drove an MGB and I was almost 6 feet tall.  Lots of leg men out there.  My mom was right as she was tall and said wait til you get out of high school....you’ll see.  She was right and said that is what snagged my dad.  Babbling here.  I’m the one that notices the tubing marks.  If anyone else does I can’t tell it.  I’m just a wrinkley now.  

elvan

Gwenivere‌ I was not really noticing them because they are just "there"...I don't think I look in the mirror for a while after I get up but today I did and my tubing mark was next to my eye and really prominent.  I am 69, my kids are already planning some sort of celebration for when I turn 70...how about NOT celebrating at MY house and giving me a chance to not feel freaked out trying to get ready?  Oh well.  You think YOU are babbling.  Oh, I am 5'1" (was 5'4 1/4" in high school) I was always seriously jealous of the tall girls, particularly the ones with straight hair, LOL.

Ellen

Barb102

I hope they take you out for dinner. When is your birthday?

0 Kudos
Gwenivere

Yeah Ellen, when is your burthday?  BTW, my best friend way back when in our wild years was 4’11. Me, blonde (straight,sorry) her, brunette (curly).  Me, thin, her, voluptuous.  

elvan

Barb102‌ and Gwenivere‌ My birthday is 9/9.