cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

Barb102

Oxygen Tubing

Is there anything I can do to stop those deep marks on my face, since I now need oxygen at night?  Appreciate any help. It’s embarrassing to me 

26 Replies
indingrl

Love you brother - gentle hug.

Barb102

Thanks everyone. Maybe I’ll get stronger and someday won’t need it. But for right now thanks for your help

elvan

I had issues with my ears for a long time and I actually wrapped the part of the tubing that goes over my ears with soft yarn.  I am way too restless at night for anything to stay on my face...AND I am ALWAYS hot at night.  I don't ever expect to get off my oxygen, I do ten miles a day, 5 days a week on my stationary bike and I lift small free weights.  Recently, when I saw my pulmonologist, she suggested that I use oxygen at 3L instead of 2L when I work out.  I wasn't using it at all for working out.  I got a mask from my oxygen supplier because I can't always breathe through my nose when I am exerting myself.

Hope you figure something out.

Ellen

anaussiemom

Hm this oxygen tubing???  My sis wheres oxy 24/7 from copd.  And not getting her butt off the dang couch!   She does not have these marks..? 

Also elvan you had mentioned somewhere on Ex, that your Doc recommended to go up on oxy, when you exercise;  Did that help you?

0 Kudos
elvan

anaussiemom‌ I got a mask for when I use the bike because sometimes, I start mouth breathing if I am pushing it and it makes the nasal cannula not very helpful.  The mask is SO HOT that I can only wear it for a few minutes at a time but it absolutely does make it easier to work out.  She wanted me to do that because my oxygen sats sometimes drop dramatically when I am on the bike.  I don't go very fast and I don't put it on a very challenging level but my lungs think they are challenged.  Honestly, sometimes when I finish, I just feel like I should go to sleep.  It takes me about an hour to do the bike and then I do some free weights...

Oh and yes, it is the oxygen tubing that leaves marks on the face when you sleep with it on...like blanket wrinkles.  It bothered me a lot more earlier than it does now.   I don't think they are as noticeable anymore, then again, my vision is not good.

Ellen

anaussiemom

I was asking for my sis.  To perhaps wear her oxy to just take small walks around her house outside.  Thank you.  As I said she has no  tube marks?  Idk. 

Thank you Ellen

0 Kudos
elvan

anaussiemom‌ Maybe she has better skin???

anaussiemom

No she has a plump face.  Like mine. 

0 Kudos
elvan

Well MINE is not plump...that's probably the issue.  My mother in law used to tell me that women look better when they are a little heavier when they get older.  I feel like I am in the wrong size skin now...I can't fill it out.  Looks like stockings bagging...charming image, right?

Ellen

anaussiemom

er Botox?  lol  EEK!   Ellen, I have seen your face you are a gorjuz woman!  In and out!  I would not want your wrath though  LOL.