cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

CS1972

Overcoming cravings

Jump to solution

I REALLY wanted to just go back to smoking. It was a hard day but I texted CRAVE to the automated texts I get from BecomeAnEX that said take 15 deep breaths &  so I burned some incense & deeply inhaled the beautiful scent. It worked! Later when incense wasn't an option I took my favorite perfume dabbed it on my wrists and did the deep breathing again all the while thinking about how I don't smell like cigarettes & my breath is fresh. Aromatherapy really works for me. It's very soothing. I hope this helps someone. 

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Barbscloud

@CS1972  I used the texts from the Ex prior to my quit.  I received automated texts everyday and they got me motivated to be successful.   I'm glad it worked for you--deep breathing can be a real life saver.

Good job!

Barb

View solution in original post

16 Replies
Snowdoggie

@CS1972 Good idea on the incense and perfume. I've been here 60 days and this is the first I've seen a post like this. Deep breathing really helps!

CommunityAdmin
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for letting us know that the text messages helped. 🙂

EX Community Admin Team

How does one sign up for the texts? 

JACKIE1-25-15

Try entering your phone number again on Edit Profile | BecomeAnEX .

Barbscloud

@CS1972  I used the texts from the Ex prior to my quit.  I received automated texts everyday and they got me motivated to be successful.   I'm glad it worked for you--deep breathing can be a real life saver.

Good job!

Barb

Tammy591

Doing some deep breathing now. Strong craving. Got on the phone and talked with a friend who is smoke free 10 months now, I stopped when she did, but of course, I'm here, I didn't make it. Just received text from here, (love the texts, seems I get them exactly when I need them) said what benefits or changes am I noticing? Money saved? YEP! Easier breathing? YEP! No more smelling like smoke? YEP! Whew again! Thank God.

Barbscloud

@Tammy591 OK.  Glad you reached out, called a friend and are doing you're deep breathing,  I first signed up for texts the week before I quit.  I found them very instrumental in my quit and actually started looking forward to them.

Yes, lots of benefits to quitting, but the most important one that you want this for yourself and so do I.

Hug

Barb

0 Kudos
Tammy591

Hi there, yes, and yes, thinking of all the reasons to quit smoking, I now put myself at the top of the list, for me, I want this for me, I am worth it, (being a person who struggles with low self esteem, this is good for me to say this out loud) looks like I am going to make in another day Barb, yay.

Barbscloud

@Tammy591 I just came across your name.  Looks like you started your quit again?  If that's the case, glad you're back.  

Barb

0 Kudos