cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

westbrok

Over 90 days with the lozenges and the cravings return and I start smoking again, why?

I've just finished the entire lozenge program. Once I'm through the cravings return and I start back smoking. Any suggestions? Lozenges permanent and stationary as a fair trade off? They totally sustain me.

0 Kudos
2 Replies

Hi! It kind of sounds to me like you are expecting somehow to quit without the withdrawal cravings and looking to NRTs to make it effortless!  I'm afraid that that isn't how they work no matter what you use! All NRTs can do for you is give you time to relearn your triggers and build up your tool  box of anti-smoking tools!  It's up to you to construct a feasible quit plan that takes into account the emotional and the physical withdrawal from nicotine and recognizes that you are a nicotine addict and will be for the rest of your life - no pill or patch can do that for you!  Of course the cravings return but at some point you have to take them on and confront them with total commitment to stay strong and win over them.  Lozenges were never intended to be used in any permanent way and it's definitely NOT a healthy choice! Make the simple( I didn't say easy - there is no easy!) choice to QUIT SMOKING and N.O.P.E. (not one puff ever) NO MATTER WHAT! You CAN do it - millions of people have and yes it is uncomfortable for the first week but it won't hurt you really - you just have to make sure that you don't let a cig near your face - NO MATTER WHAT!  Choose HEALTH and LIFE! 

0 Kudos
westbrok

Hello Thomas,

First I want to say thanks for your advice. It's obvious that you take a no nonsense approach that is both realistically and physiologically sound. Notwithstanding the psychological implications. I assumed as much in regards to the NRT's being for temporary use only. Afterall the entire goal is to be clean, straight free! Tomorrow I'll go cold turkey. I would like to maintain a rapport with you and add you to my friends. Your message is inspirational and I'd like to keep you abreast of my progress in appreciation. Thanks again!

Sincerely,

westbrok 

0 Kudos