cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

On A Personal Note....

I find that I don't want to talk about myself   I'd rather talk about that remarkable young woman who lost so much in her life but is now in recovery and shining like the sun.  I'd rather talk about a beautiful woman who taught me that I can indeed garden and nurture plants into life.  I'd rather talk about the man who always, always wishes his neighbors a 'good morning' so that they start their day with a smile.

So many people I know are doing phenomenal things with their lives.  They give their energy, their hearts, their time, their talents so that others are comforted and cared for.  I just like those kind of people!!  They make me appreciate life.  They inspire me to reach out to others.  To maybe be a bit kinder.  To listen a bit more.  

My life has changed quite a bit in the past several months.  I've always liked change so I'm good with it.  And I've found it's true:  If you love life, life will love you right back   Doesn't mean everything's good all the time, it just means that during the bad times, you know you'll get through them.  

I'm sorry I'm not here more.  I truly do love you people!!  But I know you've got this.  So from time to time, I concentrate on the 3-D world and making it a little better for those who are lost.  Who have no one.  Who simply need a shoulder, an ear, and a hand.  And then I remember how very much I miss your blogs, your thoughts, your laughter, and your hearts.  And I need to be here again.  Some may call it selfish.  I call it coming home.

Two of my four children have had covid.  I am paying out of state tuition for my youngest to attend the college of his dreams.  I'm working a job and two half-jobs.  And I wouldn't have it any other way.  My life is exactly perfect for me!!  Not because I'm lucky but because I choose the life I live.  Today I choose happy

Thank you all for allowing me to be here.  Thank you for allowing me to write.  Thank you for making me feel like I belong, no matter how long I've been gone.  I really do love you all!!

Sheri

27 Replies
SimplySheri

I think I just like you   Thank you!!

0 Kudos
Giulia

It's hard for me in any way to think of you as selfish or that anyone else could.  Or that you could even entertain that thought about yourself.  You are such a nurturing self-LESS soul.  Having needs and fulfilling them is not selfish in my book, unless it's to the exclusion of others.  Anyway, just had to say that.  You, to my mind, are one of those phenomenal people you describe who "give their energy, their hearts, their time, their talents so that others are comforted and cared for."   Sorry your kids are going through IT.  Hopefully being younger, they'll overcome it sooner.  Hopefully the other children will be passed by.  As well as you!  And by the way, I suspect you're exactly the kind of person you described in your first paragraph.  The kind that makes a day brighter for somebody else, just like they did for you.  

SimplySheri

Sometimes I picture you sitting in a garden people watching and coming up with the most amazing discoveries about them   I don't know why other than you like your garden and you like knowing....really, deep down knowing...what makes people tick.  I see it as a lovely gift you have!!  Looking past the surface stuff into the hearts and souls of mankind.  You see the best in us, I think, especially when we are blinded.  And you think you're blunt enough to share your thoughts when really you are brave and fearlessly kind.  So thank you, Giulia, for all your many kindnesses over the years.  When you don't have me laughing, you have me thinking better thoughts and having a gentler attitude.  I believe that's why you are "Lady G". 

indingrl

Sherri and in HIS love I love you to ETERNITY in MY Lord Jesus name amen Gosh it is so GOOD to hear from you and please know I lifted you and ALL your family in. PRAYER

SimplySheri

Thank you so much, my dear friend!!  Your prayers are such a gift to me  I hope you and your wonderful family are healthy and happy!!  May the Good Lord continue to shine His light upon you and keep you strong.  Much love today and always

0 Kudos
meWisconsin

Good to hear from you again Sheri. You are one of those amazing people who can put a positive spin on almost anything. Hopefully your 2 children recover without any side affects. These are scary times we live in right now.

Stay safe my friend.

Terry

SimplySheri

They are indeed scary times.  I haven't seen Jake since I dropped him off at college August 7th.  I've seen Katie a handful of times, Ricky twice, and Danny 3 times since March.  I never get lonely because I know I'm loved but it will be so nice when my house is full again!

Take good care of you and yours, Terry!  Wisconsin is going through quite a bit lately.  Stay safe!

0 Kudos
RoseH

What a beautiful post!  SimplySheri‌  I am really “down” again this morning, because I am coming off a drug that does not agree with me!  Stupor or something close...  Thank you for hope and endurance and what we all seem to “shine” when we help others here!  God bless you!  Rosemary

SimplySheri

It's so great to see you, Rosemary!!  Take good care of yourself while adjusting your meds, please!  It can be a difficult journey.  Sending you prayers and good wishes always   

0 Kudos
sweetplt

((((Sheri)))

Good to see you...and glad that all is good in your world.  Although, I am sorry 2 of your sons had covid.  I hope they are well.  I found since quitting smoking the best of Life, is living on her terms.  How powerful that message, but how simple...Peace to you and your family dear lady and you made me think of this quote by Wayne Dwyer....

pastedImage_1.jpg Xoxoxoxo Colleen 694 DOF