cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

SimplySheri

On A Personal Note

I do miss so many of you here!!  Life has been interesting, challenging, fun, and exasperating as of late.  I drove Jake to USM on August 7th...both happy and sad about that!  But he's doing so very well and I'm an extremely proud mom   I did have to get a second job to help pay the out-of-state tuition so I've been busy but blessed to have found a second job I love as much as the first.  I've taken many trips to Dothan recently as the 2009 Subaru I bought has some issues that they'll fix as long as I'm under my 90 days   But it's an hour and a half drive each way and I'm alone now so I have been learning how to crack myself up.  No boring drive for me!!

Still working from home but blessed to be working so I can't complain.  I haven't been out to eat since early March.  Again, just learning to make interesting meals and trying not to complain.  I've gotten into a good physical activity mode and have lost 10 pounds.  Sitting at home can really make one inactive and sluggish....well, sitting at home made ME inactive and sluggish   I'm better now and feel more like myself.

I think that's about it.  I didn't want you to think I just went away or even slunk away smoking.  No way!!  Just making a new life out of the new circumstances.  It's going well, I think.

I know I missed so much here so if you'd like to fill me in on your life, I'd love, love, love to hear from you!!!

Sheri

18 Replies

So good to see you! Welcome home!

SimplySheri

Thanks, Thomas . Hope you are well!!  And thank you for showing me my way

0 Kudos

I am living life on His terms. I am blessed!

Sootie

I missed you but certainly know you weren't smoking! Figured you were getting used to your new normal as we all are (and I am REALLY getting sick of that phrase!!!). Good to see you sweetie! Glad to hear your son is doing well at school.

SimplySheri

Good to see you as well. In the movie Tombstone, Doc Holliday days "There's no no normal life, Wyatt, there's just life.  Go live it.". I like that

Barbara145

I remember the empty nest days when my son went to college.  It is an empty feeling I remember.  Good to hear from you.  Sounds like you are taking good care of yourself.

SimplySheri

Yes, there is a definite emptiness in my home without him.  But of course this is as it should be and he's got a good head on his shoulders. Hope all is well with you and yours

0 Kudos
Strudel

Hi Sheri - so great to hear from you! So glad you and your son are doing well - thanks for the update. I have adjusted okay....miss many things - mainly working with kids (I did a lot of substituting). I have been doing other things - just in a different way. I am happy to see you here - Take care! 

SimplySheri

Hi Kathy. I remember you love working with children and I know you must be wonderful at it because you are so genuine and kind.  I know you've touched my life and left a forever mark

0 Kudos