cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
patricia6

Hello my strong determined winners ! I went out today and did a few errands. I started to feel all out of sorts and just came on home to you guys. I am muttering to myself as the seconds tic past. A quitter, a quitter, I quitter, I quit....I hope that I start sleeping more in one streach at night here pretty soon. I feel exhausted all the time and although not as such, emotional. Day seven....mid way through the day...celebrating seven!
0 Kudos
rhonda9

Welcome all new friends great job you are doing.Hope you all have a wonderful nights sleep sweet dreams
0 Kudos
jennifer84

Well in exactly 27 minutes it will officially be 48 hours since I have had a cigarette......So I heard day 3 can be the worst of "Hell Week" .....Ugh.....Night Y'All
0 Kudos
spunkie

So glad to see so many new quitters here I would like to hold out my hand to help any of you that I can .. when I came here I was given so much help I am just trying to pay it forward.

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
katheen

HAVEN'T QUIT YET BUT PLAN ON QUITTING AFTER WE VISIT DANNY'S MOM AND DAD THIS WEEK HOPEFULLY THERE IS A SMOKER THEIR AT THAT PLACE AND WE ALWAYS HAVE QUIT AND THEN START BACK AFTER WE GO TO THAT HOUSE, SO THIS TIME WE ARE GOING AS SMOKERS AND THEN TRY TO QUIT SMOKING AGAIN. I SEE SEVERAL PEOPLE WHO HAVE QUIT SMOKING AND WANTED TO WISH EVERYONE LUCK ON YOU QUITS IT DOES GET BETTER AFTER THE WEEK OF NOT SMOKING I HAVE QUIT BEFORE FOR AWHILE BUT SEEM TO GO BACK TO THE OLD BEHIVOR AND NEED TO CHANGE THAT FIRST AT LEAST FOR ME. GOOD TO SEE ALL YOU LOVING PEOPLE AND HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY AND GOD BLESS EVERYONE HERE.
0 Kudos
tasha2

Good morning quitters! I have been looking at posts for several days and am greatly inspired. Haven't set quit date yet ~ looking at Oct. 31 ~ Nov. 1. I am getting there!
0 Kudos
susan13

My quit date is the last of this month. I will be starting though as soon as I receive the patch. I am a 50 year chain smoker and I have tried many times to quit cold turkey. I only make it a few days so I have decided ,along with Quit Now, to add nicotine replacement to better my chances. God bless all of you.
0 Kudos
snshine39

Help!!!! I am going through a really hard time with my oldest son. He has been struggling with his addiction with pain killers and Wednesday he came to me and asked me for help. I have been frantically trying to admit him into rehab and I finally found out that he will be admitted on Thursday, Oct. 15th. I have been feeling so tired, both physically and mentally because of this situation and the fact that I cannot sleep at night. I feel so out of sorts and I am praying that I can stay strong through this whole ordeal.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Snshine39, You have it made now you took care of things and know he is getting help on Thursday Oct 15th now be good to yourself tell yourself what a good job you have down. I am sure this is physically and mentally so tiring, You stay strong and share your feelings here with your friends .. that is why we all joined this group to support each other ..SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
spunkie

Hey everyone there is a party over at the QPC group for Tiffany please join in the fun. SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos