cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
mitchy48

Quitting on Oct. 15th, the day my mom passed away from lung and pancreatic cancer. Need to make some buddies! I haven't been on the site in quite a while.
0 Kudos
spunkie

Welcome Mitchy48 glad you are back and joining us .. Sorry about your loss but glad you have came back to finish what you started it will make you a stronger person for it and I am sure your Mom would be proud.
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
spunkie

Jaime77 I to know what you mean at the start of my quit I cry over not smoking it is a terrible addition and it takes time to understand you are in control of your quit not the nick demon when that happens it gets easier and then it is just day by day and you become a NON SMOKER it is wonderful
  SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT .. Webslave hope the wife gets better and you do not get worse and I know what you mean thank God for inhalers and nebulizer machines. hope the Chantix comes soon for you . Glad to see Patricia here and doing well glad to hear you know how the toxic smoke is making your quit so successful. Ronda I guess you found out alot of us cry over losing what we thought was our best friend now we all know he was our worst enemy. SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT
0 Kudos
patricia6

Ok, today I am crying over it, So will someone start the thought of feeling euphoric and happy and feeling like dancing in the clouds over the breathing of air?
  After all the times someone has complained about the loved one smoking can I get a little more love coming my way because I am breathing the air?
  I feel angry that I have wasted so much over that consumer product...I mean really.
0 Kudos
rhonda9

I seen this the other day it really touched me COUNT YOUR RAINBOWS NOT YOUR THUNDERSTORMS !!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
spunkie

Rhonda that is wonderful reminds me of the saying I have on the Top of my page.

Stop telling God how big your Storm is. Instead, tell the storm how big you God is.

You might want to put that at the top of your page lots of people would enjoy it when they visit your page just a idea.
0 Kudos
mitchy48

Too long with the habit. I've seen it destroy people, yet I continued to smoke.
  "I won't fall victim to cancer! I'm DIFFERENT!".....stupidity.
  Anyway, my plan for my quit: On Oct. 15th, put on a patch and drive to the beach where I scattered my mom's ashes into the ocean. Sit there on the jetty, sing a few songs on my acoustic, read a few relevant poems, say 'Hi' to my mom, and crush a dozen cigarettes in my hands as hard as I can. Then scatter the remains of my 'ashes' into the ocean. Goodbye, and good riddance. Yeah, my mom would be proud.....
0 Kudos
jennifer84

Hello Everyone! I am on hour 39 of not smoking. I am having to quit for an upcoming surgery and to be honest I am not happy about it!!!!! But the surgery will save my life so I must do what I have to do! Ive been a smoker for 18 years. I smoked a pack a day since the day I started. Ive always been the "chimney" in my group of friends (smokers or not)..... When will the horrible cravings at least SLOW down????
0 Kudos
katie12

Hey everyone! Just joined your group. I've been smoking for six years a pack a day and I quit on October 3rd and I'm doing pretty good. No slips yet. I think I should be proud of that. I'm trying!!! 🙂
0 Kudos
meredith6

Hi guys.....I just joined the group. I have been smoke free for 2 1/2 days. I have had a difficult day today but I am beginning to feel better. I feel like the whole day has been one big craving. But I have promised myself to not smoke today. One day at a time!!
0 Kudos