cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

cindy6

October Quitters

Just wanted to let everyone know that I am feeling MUCH better about my quit. I was beginning to think the Chantix was causing major depression but it was really just the nicotine withdraws. I didn't expect it to last 20 days because I don't remember it lasting that long the last time I quit. I'm sure everyone is different but man oh man am I glad to be through that!
Tags (1)
422 Replies
dan-osberg

Hi Im a newbie, today is my quit day, here goes!
0 Kudos
rain

Hello! I'm a super-newbie, I quit yesterday at 12 noon, ready to make it happen, Good Luck to everyone with their quits, so far its really hard but thinking of myself as a happy, clean person without trash in my lungs is keeping me going, I'd been a smoker for 10 years, a heavy smoker, and an unhappy, sad one at that. We can make it, October ex's 🙂
0 Kudos
cris3

Hi I am new here...Im so sick of quitting it makes me want to quit altogether! I need a boot in the butt! Anyone here like that? My NEWEST quit month is now October. I am so embarrassed and ashamed. Lets do this!
0 Kudos
snshine39

Well, today is day 4 and I seem to be doing okay. I have good moments and bad moments but I am still "smoke free". I don't feel quite as anxious or irritable as I did the last couple of days. I'm hoping that it is a good sign of better days ahead. Well, I'll check back tomorrow and give everyone an update.
0 Kudos
spunkie

All right everyone lets get on with this quit being smoke free is wonderful you are no longer a slave to cigs.. Stop by my page watch my video it will make you laugh and help with your quit also read the Story about your best friend the cig and you will be looking for better friends... please stop by Smoke Free and Loving IT Good Luck everyone..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
0 Kudos
patricia6

Day five! I am so happy with myself and thank you all for being here. I have not had access to the computer the last couple of days and it was terrific finding comments on my page . WE are doing it ! I am never going back and that is a good feeling!
0 Kudos
rhonda9

Okay may sound wierd but has anyone cried about not smoking......
0 Kudos
patricia6

I have had deep emotional times when I would cry and would feel dispair over the idea of not smoking. What is preventing that this go round for me is , I think, that I am getting up in the morning and with a will breathing deeply first thing in the morning. The intensity that that brings to my awareness of my lungs and my energy without the toxic smoke is what is making this quit so successful for me.
0 Kudos
jaime77

Rhonda- I have indeed cried over not smoking. For me, since I have done it for so long, it almost felt like a part of me was missing. Almost like I was in mourning. I get it out when I need to and then just continue on with my quit.
0 Kudos
webslave

All the best to yall !! Keep it up...the wife n I have the flu,,,and then got it again...two different strains I guess..
  Yall hang in
0 Kudos