cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

wannabeex2

OMG.....I just heard Patches are dangerous...anyone?

Hi everyone,

I'm 26 hours away from being smoke free for a whole week!!  YAY!  I'm using the patch, and just read that they are dangerous.  Have you guys heard anything about that????  It CAN'T be worse than smoking, can it??? 

I smoked a pack a day(pack and a half if I was off work....), and I'm using the 'step 2', 14mg patches, and feeling much better than I thought I would.  No weird side effects, etc.  I have to keep my hands busy, but that's to be expected.  I can't believe that patches are worse than smoking(and my cough is going away-haven't had to use my inhaler since I quit).......I HOPE not, anyway.

Has anyone heard about this???????

0 Kudos
16 Replies

Only if you're puttin them on your cereal

0 Kudos

hahaha jones!  I used the patch at the beginning. I have not heard that it was dangerous. Heck they even suggest that you use the Patch on this site.

0 Kudos
dixiechick

Or if you try to smoke them...Just kidding. I've been using the patch for over 2 weeks and I am quite confident they are not a danger to me. I'll take my patch over lighting up any day.

Dixie

N.O.P.E.

0 Kudos
wannabeex2

HA!!

No, not going to eat or smoke them, but I can see how that would be VERY dangerous!!(I never even THOUGHT of that!!!)

So glad nobody else has heard that.  It doesn't make sense that they could be worse than smoking, especially with my improved lungs.(And, yes, I use them exactly as directed, one at a time!)

Just goes to show that you can't believe everything you read.  Either that, or I've officially become a patch addict!

Thanks, everyone!!!

0 Kudos

Yeah I sure hope they aren't dangerous as I'm wearing the 21mg patch and am on day # 3 of being smoke free.

Where did you read that at?  Just wondering...

A BIG congrats to making it almost a week!  WAY 2 GO!

0 Kudos
lisa219

No, I was giving the patch when I was in the hospital!  If they were dangerous they wouldn't give them to you at a hospital!! Careful what you read.  I have been smoke free for 13 days and I am using the gum and everyone has an opinon on the gum! "You will get addicted", "Your hair will fall out" and "It will ruin your teeth", whatever, I use it as directed and am smoke free!! YAY !!! 🙂

0 Kudos
steveb3

They are only dangerous if you continue to smoke while using them as this can cause a nicotene overdose.

I used them and they worked for me.

Congrats to you on your decision to quit.

Steve B

0 Kudos
newlife5

steve b i s right.. ive known people who  had heartattacks due to not using them as directed,,, the overdose of nicotine is very dangerous

0 Kudos
ky97

Here was my problem with the patch. Welts, red marks left after removing, itching. Does anyone know if they have changed the adhesive?  Maybe the discomfort is worth it. I've tried so many things and would like to use the patch again. There are no reports of danger, unless directions are not followed. No smoking when in use. Thanks

0 Kudos