cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Give and get support around quitting

dennismk1

OK I DID It....

This is my first day of quitting... its 9:45 AM CST... i keep having the urge.  I know what my triggers are, but the triggers are triggering more triggers.... its a constant urge.... I am driving coffee, i have candy.... I cant get up and walk around.. I am at work and work in  a call center and i an strapped to my phone.... can not leave.... which also triggers the urge.....

i am fighting it.......but its hard.....

Dennis

0 Kudos
7 Replies
rickc2

Try a different approach. Why not celebrate that you are no longer trapped and imprisoned by nicotine! Go the positive direction and think how much more time you have to do other things, breath easier, focus on something fun.

If you need some help, hit me back.

Coach Rick

0 Kudos
gonnaquit

It is tough right now but it does get easier.  Your body has to go through withdrawals you have to protect your quit through it.  Don't give in.  I am on day 24 today and while I am still fighting - it does get easier.  You can do this!  Your clothes will smell better, you hair will smell better, foods taste better.... trust me IT IS WORTH IT!  You just have to fight the fight within yourself.  No one else can do this for you but no one else will benefit more!  Hang in!

0 Kudos
imosoreal

I'm only on day 11 so I know I'm not the best person to help but one thing that really helped me was having some juice -- cranberry, white grape and berry strawberry.  Those were so good along with water.  I had to keep the juice right beside me.  When you want to light up reach for some sweet juice!  It felt so good to imagine the cool juices/water soaking into each bodily organ instead of smoke.

0 Kudos
dennismk1

Its Almost 3:00 PM, so I am almost thru the day .... and i didnt smoke once..... wanted to several times, but DIDNT...... if i can keep this up that would be great.........

0 Kudos
dennismk1

OK so i am on Day 2 and doing good... still having the craving, but the worst is..my doctor changed up all my heart and blood pressure medicine at the same time i decide to quit smoking, and i am having some terrible side effects, that make wanting a ciggy worse... but i am trying to get thru it... hour be hour

0 Kudos
dennismk1

WOW i am at my 10th day... but its still a little hard... i sometimes really want a smoke, but talk myself out of it...

0 Kudos
dennismk1

WOW 38 days ago i quit.... and its been great... there are some hard times... and those triggers are still coming....

0 Kudos