Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
sunbow

I kinda quit by accident on Friday the 13th.  Left my smokes at home - realized it before I left the driveway, but decided not to go back for them, thinking "don't panic... they'll be there when I get home."  Then once I got home, I decided I'd made it this far, let's just not smoke for now. 

Thank science for Wellbutrin!!!  I'm still having to walk and talk my way thru "time for a smoke" thoughts - but I've been minimally crazy.  The best part?  Not having to search for a light!!!  And not sitting out in the wind and cold!  🙂

Hang in there folks!  We are all capable of this!!!

0 Kudos
denise610

I want to quit soooo badly, but if you really want to quit you will.  Stress.  Sooooooo much stress in my life.  I start and something happens.  I say no, but it does not work.  I just relocated to another state, out of work, I cannot study for a state test because of all the stress that I have been under.  Family has been the worst.  I am moved now, but no job.  I should not have given my family my number.  I bought an old used car.  That car keeps acting up, and I do not have the extra monies to keep dumping into it.  One of my sons are here.  Trying to keep him straight when he gets paid, property manager at my complex just got fired and she always tried to talk to my son that we have to work together and to get himself together, what else......you know the stories.

0 Kudos
sharon.b

Do a search for the silk meter and you will be able to install it and set the time (pay attention to the time it goes into military time for afternoon)

I failed in my attempt the day before yesterday so I am going at it again. I felt so sure then. I have six left which will put me getting to bed about then so I can wake up to a busy day tomorrow so that will  help (I will be with my mother so no smoking then) then I will be at church. I once again have all my crafts and can type to groups...Sharon

How is everyone else doing?

0 Kudos
stab-and-rake

What is the silk meter ???

0 Kudos
dawn4

i just want to send a note of encouragement to all of you NOVEMBERERS!

I'm on day 61 thus a Sept quitter.  It's awesome to be free from the addiction to nicotine!  Hang in there, take it one day at a time, pray for each other and know that we support you in your QUIT!

SMOKE FREE AND LOVING IT!!!

IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE VIDEO ON SPUNKIE'S PAGE, CHECK IT OUT..... IT'S FUNNY!!!

0 Kudos
hunter2

http://www.theeasywaytostopsmoking.com/

Let's you smoke while you quit.  It's the greatest thing ever.

0 Kudos
shelleybell

I quit on Chantix for about 3 whole weeks and then my fiance said the pills were making me "loopy"; so I stopped taking the pills.  Once I stopped the pills, I immediately wanted to smoke again and have.  I have to "hide" it from my fiance because he thinks I'm just taking drags when I'm really buying packs.  I'm setting my new quit date for 11/30/09 and hopefully, I can do it.  It's such a pain to "hide" it but I know he smells it all over me..I hate to "fib" to him and to myself.

0 Kudos
mud-queen

OMG, did I just join this group? Am I seriously thinking about quitting again? Yes, this is the last carton I will buy?  So many mixed feelings...love smoking but hate it!   Started when I was 12 and have attempted quits many times - did once for five years and nearly had a nervous breakdown.  What am I thinking? You know I'm gonna fail - freaking just thinking about quitting but wouldn't have visited the site or started tracking smokes if somewhere I wasn't seriously considering it?  I've never even joined a blog or chat thingy before... what the hell?

0 Kudos
nancy

ello everyone!  I am going to be smoke free tomorrow. I quit on Chantix b4, it was great! This time around has been harder for me, why? Am I ammune to the Chantix now? Does anyone know?

0 Kudos
ebbrewer84

Hello All! 

I set my date for November 19.....but as it turns out my body wanted me to quit on Nov.17th.  I have smoked since I was 12 years old and have tried to quit a few times.  I am taking Welbutrin XL and notice that i do not have the awful headache.  Even my last few days smoking I only was able to smoke half a cig.  Good luck everybody.  I think I was not successful the last times becuase I didn't really believe my life was worth it.  You have to forgive yourself for things you regret in your past.  You also have to look to your future!  

0 Kudos