Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
christine2

Morning.. well I am on day 9 but slipped up here and there so I'm not doing as well as I could be. But I'm ok with that. In the last 9 days I've smoked what I usually would have in 9 hours. Today I'm done. I'm tired of this game and I don't want to play it anymore. I've quit before so I know if I can get through the first 2 weeks or so entirely, it will get much easier. I will keep coming here because all of these posts inspire me and remind me what's important.
0 Kudos
pops_

Good luck to everbody! Congrats on making the decision to not smoke. I feel like it is that simple, a decision to stop. I smoked just over a pack a day for many years. Nov 23 will be 6 months for me without so much as a single drag. I started with Chantix intially and got into the flavored lozenges. I will say that it got harder for me after the 1st month and then became more easy as time went on. It is all about finding better things to do with your time and not justifiying even a single drag. In my several past (and short lived) attempts to quit, a drag turned into 2, 3, 4 cigs and next thing you know I was smoking full throttle again. So, this time I accepted the fact that I was NEVER going to smoke another cigarette again, and that a cigarette was not an option anymore, no matter what.
  Keep the faith that you will make it. My wife is a smoker and I still smell it but I will not do it. Again, it's not an option for me and today is just another day as a non-smoker. Best wishes to you all. I'm here if you need somebody to talk to or advice.
0 Kudos
the-sbg

Had my last cig at 7 pm on Nov. 7. Mostly because I had a cold and didn't really want one. Didn't have the craving for about 24 hours, but then I figured, "I'm a third of the way in the first 72 hours. Just keep going."

I'm still going!
0 Kudos
annie5

I am almost on day 5 and this is the hardest point for me because this is when I usually relapse. I can make it though, just keep on destracting myself. We all can do it!
0 Kudos
mollie

I sliped up, I had a few then threw the rest away. do I start over at day one or do I contiune my days I do not know? day three is always my slip up day.for me. I read all the post great job everyone!!!!
0 Kudos
toy

hello, nov 15 in just a few days. wow. this is it. i want and need this soooo bad. ive always been strong, i just can't believe i am ADDICTED TO CIGS!! the time has now come, and i AM ready. i'm gonna take it day by day, and second by second. i know its not gonna be easy, so someone, please pray for me.
Etoyah
~Smilin is my favorite
0 Kudos
shawn-wilcher

I slipped to. Try again tonight. Todays my moms birthday. easy quit day to remember.
0 Kudos
annie5

I am on day 6 and I just want to give in so bad, but I won't let myself. It will get better!
0 Kudos
pennex

I quit Nov. 3rd, 9:00 p.m. and still have not smoked. It is hard when the cravings come, sometimes I want to give in. Haven't yet!
0 Kudos
maggie6

hi! i'm new to this group! my quit date is nov. 9th and so far so good! I think day 1 and 3 were easier than day 2 and 4 for some reason...ahhhhhhh i wish I would have never started! I hate withdrawal symptoms!
0 Kudos