Give and get support around quitting

mara

November Quitters

Wish me luck as I wish you luck!
Tags (1)
0 Kudos
609 Replies
jennibiris

My original q-date was December 31st, but I've been doing extremely well and feel confident enough to move up the date to November 30th which brings me here 🙂

Stay strong everyone and best of luck!!!!

0 Kudos
ryman471

lots of november quitters that will ALL BE EX-SMOKERS FOR LIFE! just remember, a very small percentage of cravings are actual physical and from the nicotine, and that is just the first couple weeks. after that, its all mental so make sure the mind is right. stay positive, encourage and anticipate the urges and just know you will always get some and they are just passing through and they aint no thing. we all will have bad days, with or without smoking. i had some bad urges yesterday but just recognized the urges and let them pass through and stayed positive. smoking solves zero problems. it only creates problems. we all can do it.  if you havent yet, make sure to read and re-read the guide at http://quitsmokingonline.com

0 Kudos
jennlovesjosh

hi everyone! i am new to this site today...

i am 22 and this is my first attempt to quit. i have been smoking for 10 years...yea yea  i know i started young, but i really want to quit. i am using the patch. today is day 3 i have been smoke free. it has really been easier than i thought, but i still have bad times..but overall its been ok. my husband doesnt smoke, but he is not a good supporter (he says its not hard...why are you making this a big deal, just stop, its sooo easy to do it) and then my whole family smokes, so i really need some friends on here and some support. thanks for your time and your stories...

Jennifer

0 Kudos
diverdavenj

Just made55 hours and goin strong

0 Kudos
lois2

wel come to all the new ones ,

0 Kudos
beverly19

Hi Friends..Tomorrow is my quit date. I have tried many times in the past, but failed. I discovered this page tonight and already feeling a little less anxious,. Please be patient with me you might see a lot of me for the next few days..

I need and welcome all support, I have to quit ...I cannot breathe anymore and cough that is just plain embarrassing.

0 Kudos
stepgail

Using patch and lozenges, works Great together!!  1st 5 days the most difficult but I stayed busy, took benadryl to go to sleep, ate celery, walked, used a heating pad to soothe me, anything.............finishing my 2nd week and gets easier all the time! patches off at bedtime and back on first thing in morning. Lozenges take away those annoying cravings that stick around longer.

Determined to beat this demon! 2 weeks and going strong, never will I abuse my lungs again and I have smoked 40 years. If I can quit anyone can beat this

0 Kudos
blizzard

Hi All,

I started my quit on the evening of Nov 15th so about 3 and a half days in...I am really happy but have constant cravings...arrgghhh...but my body is already thanking me, I have quit a million times before but mentally feel the most ready yet!!!

Good Luck to you all we can do it!!!!

0 Kudos
lois2

I am soooooo proud of us all, day 5 it was better, i keep telling my self, no smoking.

0 Kudos
jojo29

congrats to all of u.!! ok well ,my name is joanne. iam 53 and been smokin since im 13 y/o. so 40 yrs worth of smoking here, iam a mom of 4 kids,3 boys and my daughter ranging from 14- 18-24-25 my girl is 18 in college to be an r/n, none of them smoke they all hate smoke and they are all on my back since they can talk lmao. well i quit on nov 1st,2010, i lost my mother to lung cancer this past aug,she was diagnosted july & was gone 4 wks later. well im also copd,so was my mother altho she quit 15 yrs ago wen they told her she had it. me i smoked more. but then in oct 1st i lost my job, i was feeling i was loosoing to much all at once, reli felt lost i guess, sick i couldnt breath . i picked nov 1st dont no why then nov 1st my neice said it was lung cancer awareness, and mayb its a sign from my mother, so i said what the hell, even if i do it for the day in her memory/ her honor, well here iam 18 days later still going strong.now if i can do it we all can do it lol. i can finally say the words for reli, iam a cigg. junkie, or i was :)) the urges are still there but they are getting better, ill tell u wat, i feel so much better, more energy, i actually feel fulla life, its great, ohh dont get me wrong its wonderful but i still get where i reli wana ciggarette but i weight it out,the good/verse the bad of it, i talk to myself, ill eat or clean excersie then it goes away.so for day 18 im on a roll here and iam reli happy i made this choice, i smell better, my food tast better my hair car haha at 53 who woulda thought about startin a whole new life over ciggarettes.sorta like a devorse from them. best feelingin the world. so anyone needs help iam here, dont be afriad to ask me or anyone anything.were all here for the same reason. its up to all of us to make this work,and it will if we work it. well thanks for hearning my story and best of luck to u all. ,Joanne.

0 Kudos